Life Novel

Life is like a novel. This large piece of literature that will not end until it says those two final words. The End. So where does our story usually start? Right at the beginning by entering this world like a newborn.

When we're born, kids are gifted with an empty book just filled with lined paper. What does that mean for the parents who are starting a family of their own? Not only is it a chapter of their novel about witnessing the miracle of life, but it means that they have another responsibility to write the child's life through their eyes. Taking the writing into a different perspective as a kid who is learning how to walk, talk, and develop skills along the way. At the same time, parents are taking the time to tell their story of feeling both the joy and struggle of raising a child.

Years go by and reality slowly starts to hit everyone differently. Small peaks appear as it reveals a different path from one family to another. With the kid becoming more independent and able to generate their own words, it is time to test them. A small empty book. While people mask it as a diary, it is actually the start of a ritual that allows the true transition of letting them become the writer. It may be rough at first, but that is why the parent is there to help with the editing.

As the kid grows into a teenager, some become oblivious to what this novel is supposed to be. However, others are finding out the truth of when a novel reaches the dynamic change, a climax, and the end. They start to witness a loved one hold their novel close to them as we watch a personal item be forever placed in the underground archive. Once it is over, we are given the memento book. Memories of what we know only to have secret pages if something gets revealed. With these intense feelings, the kin is having a hard time trying to write them down. Another family member is there to save the day to help you out only for you to see what their novel is like from behind the cover. Will things change for you more than what was expected?

The child is all finally grown up. They only reached the first real climax of their story. It is time for the new adult to write their novel on their own. As the adult stands by the door, they are emotionally greeted by their parents with a book that they haven't truly seen before. That is because this book is actually the real novel that they were born with. "You are ready." A heartbreaking ritual that finally reveals who is supposed to be the real writer of the novel. Time to start a new chapter which is supposed to be known as college.

Struggle. Responsibility. Impact. Love. Journey. All of these will appear along the way as we reach the second real climax of your story. The adult studies the novel and realizes something was missing. Each climax was another part of their life, but it doesn't reveal when the major climax of this story is supposed to come up. That's just it. Here's the thing about major climaxes, they never really appear unless you feel like the novel reached its highest point. This could come from retirement, major health impact, succeeding in raising the next generation, or any other moments in life that might be considered dark. For me, the major climax will only happen after marriage and having a kid. Just being able to experience what it is like to write the beginning of your child's novel and then be able to hand it to them when they are ready. The cycle of life novels will continue for your family tree. But for now, it is time to write the final section of your story so it can finally reach its conclusion.

The End...

(Originally Posted On My Blog)