13 | midnight

Jinha~

Ring*

Who the heck is calling me at midnight? If this is just some time of stupid prank call or advertisement... I'd actually murder this person.

"Fuck you." I answered then quickly hanged up. The same ringing sound repeated again, so I finally opened my eyes.

"It's Jeongin, sorry for calling you so late at night..." he mumbled through the phone. His voice was weak, it sounded really unusual.

"Oh, hey... sorry about earlier. Are you okay?" I rubbed my eyes.

"My lower abdomen is in pain... I can't fall a-asleep," he stuttered. "Can you come over?"

"It's twelve..." I sighed but later then stood up to go get my jacket. He's my weakness. "Alright. I'll be there in two minutes."

_________________________

Jeongin~

Jinha texted me, saying that she's already in front of my house. We didn't want to wake my sister up, so I silently tiptoed down the stairs to get the door. Thank goodness my parents aren't here.

"Does it hurt that much?" Jinha looked at me with concern written allover her face.

"It doesn't actually hurt, I just said that because I wanted to see you... sorry." I put up a peace sign, and she just stared at me in disbelief.

"Yang Jeongin, that's not something you should joke about... don't do that." Her eyes started watering, and that's when I realized that maybe perhaps I crossed the line once again.

"Baby, I'm sorry... I won't do it again." I pulled her in for an embrace and kissed her forehead.

"You scared the crap outta me." She chuckled against my neck.

We went into my room and made a tent out of some chairs and blankets- exactly how we imagined. Hanged a few fairy lights here and there, just to make it look more exciting.

"Our house one day... how would you like it?" We both went inside the tent and laid down on our backs.

"You're asking this question so casually, somewhat like you're asking me how I enjoy my eggs in the morning... but if I really have to answer?" She closed her eyes and went deep in thought. "A cozy house, not too big or small. A place where our kids could run freely, drink hot chocolate by the fireplace, and enjoy their childhood.. that's all I want."

"Figured." I cackled.

__________________________

Jinha~

"I know this is a bit off topic... but how'd you know my sister? Other than being classmates, of course." I reluctantly asked Jeongin.

"Whenever I went to school, I was usually kept in a separate room with social workers. I wasn't allowed to go to places where there were many kids, because my mom didn't want me to catch even more viruses. Minji always came into my room, just to cheer me up."

"Is your condition congenital?" I was suddenly curious.

"Yeah, sadly. It's actually super rare to get a hereditary condition like kidney damage- but I guess I'm just one of the few unfortunate ones..." he painfully smiled. "Minji showed me how it felt like to be outside. She had her ways of teaching me things; sometimes I didn't even understand. Let's just say that she was my guardian angel."

"You could relate too? I've always tried to explain that same exact thing, but I never knew the right words to use. I used to be more introverted in past- I still am, but it was so severe before... I remember not going outside for weeks, just because of anxiety. It was the things she said, wasn't it? Because she also helped me overcome so many struggles."

"I miss her." He uttered softly.

"Me too..." I took a quick glance at him. "Did you like her?"

"Yeah, I did. A lot."

"Do you like me because I physically remind you of her, or do you like me for me?"

________________________

I just "finished" writing an MLA format thesis paper for English huhuh I'm exhausted rn but at least today's the last day of school!¡!

Song: HOYA — Who Do You Love (나랑 아니면) Cover