8 | ice cream

艾尺

Jinha~

"Where were you again? With that girl? Always that fucking bitch before us! We already moved away, but you're still seeing her?" My mom yelled at my father.

It's usual to hear them bicker like that. Without this type of noise in the house, I would find it extremely odd. Yes, I also know about father's binge drinking obsession and his mistress. It's been awhile, so I don't really care- plus, I don't share a deep bond with my parents, so I tend to just keep silent. My mom used to always blame him for cheating, until one day he actually did it. He was also already sober before (with the whole drinking problem), but it started again after mom found out about his other woman. Maybe the relationship got way too toxic- maybe there was actually no love from the very beginning.

Love.

It's a waste of time, a shitty thing, and most probably would just fuck up your mind. People change and do crazy shit just because of love, and it's honestly so horrifying. How can someone take so much control of one's emotions?

Anyhow, I often attempt to not get emotionally close to anyone. Attachment is always what slaps you in the end- don't get too close, it's a trap and you know that way too damn well.

So Jeongin, don't get too close to me.

I'm afraid.

__________________________

Jeongin~

"Hell nah... what the heck is this?" Jinha shook her head while blankly staring at a complex math question, using cosine and sine law to find the coordinates of an isosceles triangle.

"It's easy- here. You can have my formula sheet, I'll just make a new one for myself." I handed her the piece of paper, and she gratefully accepted it.

"Thank you so much, Jeongin. You're the best! How about I treat you to ice cream later?" She enthusiastically suggested.

"Sounds great!" I gave her two thumbs up.

Ahh, mathematics. I really don't get the point of learning all these difficult formulas and rules, when really, when would we actually ever use trigonometry or computation in real life? It's not like I actually desperately wanna know the angle between the boat to the other boat- you know? It's kind of useless, and takes so much time.

Thanks school for wasting my youth, totally not saying that with sarcasm- I'm just being rational.

"Jeongin~ah, already done? The material must be very easy for you. That reminds me, there's a math competition next month- would you like get involved? It would look magnificent on your resume, and could even possibly get you some scholarships." My teacher explained to me in excitement.

"Oh, sure. Sounds fun." Eh, not really- but why not? It's true that I'm intelligent, so why not use it?

"Wow, Yang Jeongin~ so smart!" The guys in class teased me.

"Meanwhile, there's me struggling with the first question on the textbook. Yay me!" Jinha huffed as she lost all her braincells, trying to figure out that one question.

__________________________

Jinha~

"What flavour do you want?" I asked Jeongin as we stared at the menu on the ice cream truck.

"I want you." He creeped his arm around my waist.

"Ew, you're d-disgusting... pick quickly or I won't buy you anything!" I panicked while taking out my wallet.

"Nervous? It's okay," Jeongin chuckled as he teased me. He suddenly took out his camera and pointed it directly at me. "Welcome back friends, I.N here. Today I'm with my cutie friend Jinha, and she's buying me ice cream! What an angel!"

"Uhh... can I get one Neapolitan ice cream. Jeongin?" I awkwardly ordered while the camera's still there.

"I want uhh... same as yours." He gave me two thumbs up, and I just rolled my eyes. Took him long enough.

We walked around the park and ate our ice cream in peace.

"You know, tomorrow is school fair. We don't have to wear our uniforms... what do you plan to wear?" Jeongin questioned me while licking his ice cream.

"Mmh, not sure. I haven't thought of it." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Make sure to wear something with sleeves. You know, men get very aroused whenever girls display their shoulders." He mocked our school's dress code.

"Mmh~ I love shoulders." I moaned.

"Shoot, that actually sounded so hot..." Jeongin bit his lips. My cheeks turned extremely red, making me feel absolutely embarrassed.

"Thanks?" I mumbled.

"Are you okay? Do you have a fever?" Jeongin started bombarding me with questions. "I should take you home now-"

"No. Just stay here with me a bit longer."

_________________________

ASGWHW im really into yg 보석 rn it makes me sad that I'm way older than Haruto but its ok:'))) I miss Midam too:/

Song: Noa Kazama — Not Thinkin' Bout You (prod. by millennium)
^^^ I LOVEEEEE THIS SONG:)