Chapter 3 : Is she pregnant ?

So the truth is finally out. It felt good to tell somebody my secrets and have them believe me . I'm so happy I met a friend like Lana ( even though we've only known eachother officially for a day ) .  Because I didn't want to go to the clinic Lana and I decided that we would just take a pharmacy bought test. Once inside the pharmacy we hurried to the isle where they had the test. All of the test were too expensive for me to buy. I only have twenty dollars left. 

"Hey cariño , " Lana called ," Look at this one . "  I took the pregnancy test from her and looked at the price . It was 30 dollars . I immediately started to tear up , but quickly covered it . " Umm Lana look at these over here . They're ten dollars . " I tried to even my voice out but it cracked .

" Cariño ,  hey look at me ," she said when I averted my eyes , and brushed my tears away . " You don't have to worry about that stuff anymore, okay ? I'll buy it for you and anything else you need or want . Come here and give me a hug . "

I let out a frustrated sigh but welcomed her embrace . " That's the first time I've been hugged in two years , " I said , the sound muffled by her shoulder length hair.

" Shhh cariño , I'm telling you , stick with me and things will get better . Now lets buy this test and get some food ."

That night as we sat on the bathroom floor was the longest two minutes of my life. Finally the alarm that Lana set rang off . " Do you want to look or should I ? " she said getting up from her seat on the side of the tub.  "You do it  I'm too scared, " I said my voice shaking. I held my breath as Lana picked up the test and read it. Her face remained neutral when she said " I guess I won't be becoming an aunt anytime soon ." And then she broke out into a smile. I let out a sigh of relief. 

" I'm not going to be a mother ! " I cried out happily .

" Who's not going to be a mother ? " a deep suspiciously manly voice said.

Lana looked at me and covered her face with her hands ," O dios mio , I totally forgot that Freddie was coming home today.