Chap 37: Are you ready ?

Forever in my heart is where you belong.

••°••°••°••°••
Play this song as you read 'You mean to tell me' by Tatiana Manaois.

What the hell with me ? I just told him knowing very well that he will drive all the way to here just to come and yell at me. Why can't my mind think clearly whenever we talk with him whether by phone or face to face ? He have me , I mean the whole of me wrapped in his heart.

I shook my head severally to test if my mind was really working, well my head may have been chopped without my consent. Like seriously whom I'm I becoming ? A lady who can't think for her self ?

"Hey , " I was snapped by a voice that I had almost forgotten all about. He will definitely not believe any lie I will cook this time but I can never say the truth anyway.
Jamal will be here any minute from now and I know he isn't the best when it comes to controlling his jealous. I better act like an old girl here instead of letting the two of them fight.

"Yap, " I answered throwing my phone back to the car as I took our two drinks.

"You kept me waiting that's why I decided to come for you, " he said smiling and suddednly carried me walking back to the pool. I was trying my best to hide the fear that I had. How will Jamal react ? Will he yell at Kevin ? Will Kevin shout back ? What excuse will he give ?

"I was talking to my friend, " I lied and felt guilty at that.

"I want us to chase each other swimming , ready ?" He said smiling and I had no choice , I smiled back placing my drink at the edge of the pool.

"I'm a pro in swimming don't forget, " I exclaimed as we made ourselves ready.

"Really ?"

"Yes, I used to attend swimming competitions back in highschool, " I elaborated chuckling.

"You will discourage me, " he said defeated.

"Let's try, " I said and we were off from corner to corner. I left him behind and believe me it was fun as he tried catching up with me but he didn't succeed.

"Oh no, I'm tired , " he complained as I turned my head to look and laugh at him. I smirked and he pouted like a real kid.

"Told you boy, " I said victoriously.

"Oops! I now believe you. That was quite a challenge, " he said defeated coming closer and wrapped me in his arms.

Jamal

I don't want him to find something suspicious thus I unhooked myself from him and gave him a smile to make him forget about the intimacy.

"Ahem!" We heard and fuck! My damn heart sunk further in my chest. I didn't expect him to drive this quickly.

"How is you cousin ?" He asked giving him a look that I obviously knew it meaning.

"I'm good," Kevin responded a cute smile on his face.

"Huddah , we have an emergency meeting, we have less minutes to be there. Follow me." He spat and I could sense he was trying his best not to shout louder than he already did. He left to his car that was parked slightly away from Kevin's car. That went better than I expected.

"You're going ? " Kevin asked bored.

"What should I do ?" I asked faking confusion. If he knows the hell of a meeting we are going to attend then he would surely freak.