Chapter 11: At the walls of the Xiahuteli City

Start from the beginning

Everyone nodded. The plan had been set.

#

Juan wondered at the Governor's incredulous expression. He stared down at the mining colony. Huge blocks of granite, chalkstone, and gold were being transported by horses and donkeys. Slave Dragons and Dinosaurs that had been humbled into submission by humans now suffered more humiliation under their new Lazzarian masters. It was no doubt that the Xiahuteli slaves sympathized with these creatures than convert to the Lady. They were fools. Juan thought to himself. The Governor sat at the top of the hill, with a huge tent covering his figure. A candle lit at the table. The Governor's guards stood in four corners while his servant inspected them with a glaring suspicion. The journey from the Grand Master's ship had been cold, frightening and demoralizing. Finally, Juan and the Mad Captain had managed to arrive at the colony, only to fall down in exhaustion.

The Governor asked. 'So, you got ambushed by pirates and lost the battle to a man named Captain Chauncey? I know the man.' The Governor began to growl. 'He's an idiot that stole my wife's jewerelly! I didn't get sex for nine months!'

Juan wondered whether the old fat Governor could have provided anything useful to his young youthful wife. 'And an Elven Ark. They apparently have the weapon of Arasator.'

The Governor stopped. 'The weapon of Arasator? I and Achaqone, governor of the Xiahuteli city have been working for years to retrieve this weapon. You mean to tell me the Elves were looking for you and the Mad Captain confused them?'

The Mad Captain grimly nodded.

A soldier burst through the door carrying a wounded figure. 'Senor Governor! We've found the man that claims to know the weapon of Arasator.'

The Governor nodded with satisfaction. 'Excellent. Juan. I believe this is your department. Interrogate him.'

The Governor tapped his fingers on the table. 'So the tables have been set then. Men! Order the garrison to wake up! We'll be fighting a battle tonight!'

#

Chauncey eyed the mining colony's fort from the mast of his ship. Taking a rope, he once again flew around the ship before collapsing into a pile of sailors. Funnyman he was. Lothor turned to me. 'Your pirate's very fond of flying and showing himself off isn't he?'

I laughed. True point. 'Indeed. Chauncey's one of a kind.' Chauncey's head bobbed out of the pile, a fish stuck in his mouth. Chauncey spat it out and wiped himself, walking up to the deck of the wheel. The Elven Ark followed us in the stormy gale. Of course the waves had slowly picked up, rain poured down but it had not gotten fierce. Chauncey grinned. 'Ah! So how's the elf doing?'

Lothor smirked. 'We're not elf. We're elves.'

Biya remarked ironically. 'No wonder.'

Chauncey dismissed it. 'Elfs, elves, you're all the same to me. So, I spotted the colony. Seems like the Governor's preparing the fort with cannon fire. There must be a way. Kasa!' He barked.

Kasa came right up to us without me even noticing him. 'Yes Cap'n,'

'Set a course straight to the colony! The Elven Ark will hold them off. I'll enter in with my intelligent mind...and I'll...attack!'

'That's your plan?' I asked. Unimpressed. There were times when pirates truly couldn't come up with innovative plans.

'Ha! That's what you don't know. The weapon of Arasator seems like quite a...device.. .'

Lothor crashed right in. 'The weapon of Arasator mortal trash is not for the likes of you. If you touch it, you will burn ten thousand deaths!'

Chauncey nodded slowly. 'Right...so where's the gold then?'