Chapter 20

-With Pau and Pat-

Walking around the base doing a few errands with Pat was enjoyable to Pau but a little too distracting to Pat. Though he may agree that the smaller males' company is quite enjoyable.

Paul was chatting up a storm while Patrick was listening into what he was talking about. It was mostly about the latest gossip about some other soldier. How shocking.

"-turns out that Soyer felt like shoving the AK-47 inside the toilet then a grenade. Then all the shit flew out and the toilet broke in half.

Perfectly too."

Pat laughed. The stupid bullshit that happens in this base was hilarious yet he knew he didn't belong there.

"Did the Red Leader know about this situation?"

Pau shakes his head at the question and points to a window that showed off the full view of Tord's office and desk.

"Everyone has tried to contact him but he hasn't responded. And noone would really want to go to the Leader Headquarters.

They could get punished or even worse a death penalty. He acts very ruthless about keeping his secrets."

Pat nods slightly and continues to walk. He feels nobody by his side so he makes a full 180 and faces Pau.

"You've been awfully quiet Patrick. Everything alright?"

Pat sighs and goes over and pats Paul's head in reassurance. The smaller male flushes and looks down.

"I promise you that everything is alright. There is no need to worry."

Patrick checks his watch and realizes what he needs to do leaving him worried that he might get yelled at for being late.

"Hey it's getting late and there still a few other errands that I need to complete. Excuse me Paul."

Paul frowns and sees Patrick's figure get smaller and smaller going into the building that held labs inside and a few other experiments.

He places his hand over his beating heart feeling it go slower and slower then what it was before.

He had only met Patrick a few months back but he feels like it has been ages. He truly cares for the taller male but he wasn't sure if Pat returned the feelings back to the Polish male.

He ruffled his hair in nervousness and frustration and walks back through the way they both came from.

-With Matt-

He was sitting on the couch flipping quietly through the pages of a book that originally belongs to Thomas.

Edd hadn't returned yet and neither had the blue clad. He knew where Tom went...sort of.

He only mentioned a Red Leader but other then that there was nothing much of his location except him going into a bunch of woods at the border of Norway.

There was a knock at the door in which he placed the book down mentally marking the page he was on, and went to open and see a green clad standing with his head down.

"Edward? What happened?"

Edd looks up and showed tiredness that seemed to spill with every word he spoke.

"Thomas happened. Of course. I went to our mother but she only said that he was going to be ok and nothing would happen but honestly I don't believe it.

Even if it's coming from her. God he wouldn't be doing this bullshit if-"

He cut himself short and walked in gently shoving Matthew out of the way. Matt shuts the door and leans against it looking at the state Edward was in.