ו

" ' Have Gun, Will Travel' reads the card of a man! A knight without armor in a savage land! His fast gun-for-hire heeds calling wind. A soldier of fortune he's a man called Paladin!" four of the five sang. Teddy continues as the others quiet down. Chris slows down so he walks beside Dylan. The long blond hands his canteen to Chris, the latter nodding in thanks before taking a few sips.

" We could fill up at the junkyard. My dad said there's a well," Gordie states.

" Not if Chopper's there," Vern whines.

" If Chopper's there we'll send you in," Dylan retaliates, grabbing the canteen from Chris.

" Haha, very funny. Hey, I'm kinda hungry. Who's got the food?"

Teddy stops in front of the four, creating a chain reaction. " Oh shit! Did anybody bring anything?" All shook their heads no without a thought. " Well, this is great. What are we supposed to do? Eat our feet?"

" You mean you didn't bring anything either?" Dylan asks.

" Oh shit, this wasn't my idea. It was Verno's idea. Why didn't you bring something?!"

" What'm I supposed to do? I can't think of everything? I brought the comb!"

" Oh great, you brought a comb. What d'you need a comb for if you don't even have hair!?"

" I brought it for you guys!"

For Vern's sake, Dylan stops the two, not wanting this to turn into a fist fight. " Hey, hey, hey! Enough girls. Let's just see how much money we have. Gordie, you count." The five boys dig in their pockets and hand the money to the walking calculator.