Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Like I said, I don't mind at all," Allie insisted.

Grayson smiled and reached for the double doors of the Battle Chateau.

"Well then, after you princess," Grayson grinned.

"Merci!"

Grayson walked in behind Allie and the two made their way to the arena outside where dozens of trainers awaited.

"Looks like we made it just in time," Grayson observed, his eyes shifting to see two competitors waiting to begin their challenge.

"In time for what? if you don't mind me asking," Allie inquired, her bright pink hues shifting to see the two trainers in the arena.

Her eyes popped the moment she saw who was in the arena. The two trainers weren't the everyday, run-of-the-mill kind. One of them bore a rapier at her hip and a fierce set of icy blue eyes. The other had short brown hair and a white dress that would be likened to that of an Audino. She too bore a strong countenance and a fire in her eyes.

"Now... when you mentioned that you wanted to come here, you didn't tell me we were going to see them!" Allie exclaimed quietly.

"Sounds like I'm not the only one who is a fan of these two," Grayson replied with a smirk.

"But of course! Diantha is the pinnacle of class, not to mention the fact that she is the Champion. And then we have The Chevalier! She reached the level of Duchess in a single day by challenging every rank in a single fight. Because of how strong she was, she was able to request a battle with Diantha at any time. However—oh listen to me... I'm so embarrassed you had to hear me go on like that... " Allie blushed.

"You know, even though we're old friends, I still feel like there's a lot more that I don't know about you," Grayson admitted, prompting a nervous laugh from Allie.

"Well, that is the purpose of this competition, no? to get to know me, woo me, and possibly convince me to marry you?" Allie smirked. "And part of that is learning things that I like. And what most don't know, is that I'm a battling enthusiast," Allie disclosed. "But you already knew that, it's up to them to figure it out."

Grayson rolled his eyes.

"Well yeah, but we also know you're a bit too into yourself," Grayson pointed out.

Allie huffed and crossed her arms.

"You sound like a certain someone I'd rather not mention," Allie retorted.

"That certain someone saved your life. I'm not quite sure I fully understand why you don't like him," Grayson replied with a raised brow.

"Grayson, we went over this. He saved me, but then had the audacity to insult me. Who does that!?" Allie cried in exasperation.

Grayson sighed and shook his head. He was certain there was more to it than that. For now, he'd relent an focus on why he brought Allie to the Battle Chateau, which was to spend some time with her and to watch two of the strongest trainers in Kalos, battle it out for supremecy, or as it looked... a one on one between two of their best.

"It's been a while Diantha. Had any recent challenges as of late?" Mathilde inquired, stroking her chin with an amused expression.

Diantha smiled faintly and placed a hand on her hip.

"Not recently, no. However, this year's Lumiose Conference might prove to be fruitful. A lot of strong new trainers are surfacing, and that gets me excited," Diantha replied. "And then there's that contest hosted by princess Allie. Several names on that list intrigue me..."