Advent Event - Jon Snow

"Good morning, Lady (Y/N)." Jon Snow bent his head slightly while he walked past you. His dark black curls danced in the wind and his black cloak whirled around his body.

You did remember the day when he had left Winterfell to serve the Night's Watch. Although your mother had forbidden you to watch him, you had disobeyed her wishes and had orchestrated that you would walk by Winterfell at the time of his departure. You doubted if Jon knew you had been there. You doubted even more if it would have made any difference.

Even though you had secretly been in love with Jon ever since your paths had crossed, your mother had assured you at least a thousand times that there was no future for a relationship with a bastard. And you hated to admit it, but at that time you had thought she was right.

If only you had dared to voice your feelings despite your fear to end up outcasted and alone. If only there had been a way to know that one day Jon Snow would return from the wall, would free Winterfell from Ramsay Bolton and would be named King in the North.

Maybe then you would have had the courage to follow your heart.

"Good morning, King Jon." You let his name and title roll of your tongue and you bent your knees and head slightly to make the perfect reference. "How is your day so far?" You were not sure if Jon had time to make conversation, but simply letting him walk past you while your heart was hammering in your chest remembering old times didn't feel right either.

Jon shrugged in a very unkinglike manner. "Most meetings are quite boring." He winked and his honesty surprised you. "I've known better days." He furrowed his eyebrows and all of a sudden a memory seemed to surface. "As you probably already know, because you were part of each and every one of those better days." He smiled and despite the redness reaching your cheeks you smiled back at him.

"Life is beautiful and easy and simple when you're too young to understand the problems waiting for you around each river bend." Your eyes met his and for a moment you couldn't look away, his gaze holding you captive.

"If only we could have been children forever, without all those rules society uses to bring us down." Jon nodded and instinctively you reached for his hand, realizing too late that probably it was not appropriate for a simple servant girl to touch her King.

Your voice was nothing but a soft whisper. "You are King now, Jon. You can make the rules. Maybe you are the first King creating rules to lift people up." You quickly let his hand go again, but he curled his fingers around your wrist and pulled you closer towards him.

He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again when the right words didn't seem to come to him. His glance wandered over you and after almost a full minute he eventually cleared his throat. "You have something in your hair." He paused. "Euhm...do you want me to get it out?" He leaned forward and you nodded, no sound capable of leaving your lips.

"Jon?" You eventually leaned on the tips of your toes, your nose barely a few inches away from his. "I know that you are King now and can't return my feelings, but I do want you to know that I already loved you before you were a King."

Jon bent his head and dropped his hand, the little spider he had saved from the tangles in your hair falling in the fresh green grass beneath his feet. "I know." He pressed his forehead to yours. "If only we were still children and could simply do what our hearts desire." He pressed a soft kiss on your slightly parted lips and then he stepped back. "Have a nice day, Lady (Y/N)."

"You too, King Jon." You watched him walk away from your and then you touched your still tingling lips.

If only you had still been children indeed.