Jon Snow - "Don't ever dare to leave me again."

You knew you were safe at last, but castle Black didn't feel as safe as Winterfell had done. The walls seemed too thin and there seemed to be eavesdropping ears everywhere. The glances of the men sliding over you every time you walked passed them caused shivers rolling down your spine. If you had anywhere else to go, you might leave again. But you had nowhere else to go.

Winterfell had fallen in the hands of enemies who preferred you dead or worse. Robb had traveled so far south that you would probably never reach him. Bran and Rickon had been killed while they had tried to escape, probably not too long after you had gotten away.

"What would have happened if we had stayed home?" You absentmindedly took a bite from your bread. You had not even noticed that it was by far not as good as the food you were used too. After weeks over having barely anything to eat, everything tasted somehow eatable. "Do you think your father would still be alive?" You turned your head towards Jon, but Jon simply shrugged his shoulders.

Over the years his hair had grown longer and the frown on his forehead had become even deeper. He seemed older than you remembered him. He was no longer the boy who barely said a word while Catelyn said the most horrible things to him. "I don't know." He raised his eyebrows while he emptied his bowl of soup.

The spoon in his hands had once been silver, but had lost its brightness long before you and Jon had probably been born already. Just like it was a miracle that the bowls were not falling apart yet.

"Do you think we will ever see Robb and Sansa again?" You had wanted to add Arya too, but no one had heard anything about her for years. Even though you liked to believe that she was still alive, you didn't allow yourself to hope for it. You didn't want to give Jon any hope either, especially because you knew how close he and his sister had been.

"I hope so." Jon licked his lips and for a moment his glance rested on you. "I am glad I'm at least seeing you again." He curled his lips up into a slight smile. "I missed you." He bent his head and quickly he took a bite from his dry bread so he wouldn't have to say anything else.

"I'm happy to see you again too." You smiled back at him and without thinking about it you reached for his hand. "When you left, years ago..." You softened your voice, even though you were fairly sure that every man here could hear you. You didn't care. You were not going to waste another chance on telling Jon how you felt about him. You had already wasted one too many and you could only be glad you had not met a fate like Eddard or Rickon or Bran. "I only realized how much I love you when you were already out of reach..." You paused for a moment and swallowed. "I know that you swore an oath, but don't ever dare to leave me again."

Jon kept silent for a moment, but then he looked up and his glance met yours. "I spent those two years regretting that I left." He placed his other hand on yours and then he took a deep breath. "I won't do it ever again." He paused for a moment. "And I won't let them send you away either, I promise."