Shared dreams

The other Mikaelsons and Hayley left the room, Elijah having a hand around Hayley's waist. Rebekah shot me a develish grin as Klaus and I were being left behind.
He started collecting the plates and cups and carried them to the sink, causing me to follow him silently.
"Say love, now that you've had coffee and hours of time, can we please talk about your experiment? Because whatever you think you're doing, it's also experimenting with my patience.", he stated and searched for cleaning material. Rebekah had stuffed the dishwasher so he couldn't use it. I wondered how she could even have planned that before I brought my idea up?
"I just had really bad nightmares and they stopped when I slept next to someone. You seemed like a good subject to test my theory on.", I lied and he put the dirty dishes in the water.
"I don't believe you. There's something you're not telling me. Something you've kept from me since you arrived here. And it bugs me.", he shook his head.
"I don't know what you mean.", I told him, unsure of what he'd say if he knew.
"Really? Fine. Then I have something to confess to you."
Confess to me?
A bit confused I looked up at him, while he put the first clean plate down and turned around to face me.
"When you first slept next to me, I dreamed about something. My past, from when I was human. Everything was normal at first, until one day when my sister called for us to get dinner. And she wasn't alone. An unknown girl accompanied her. Rebekah told me the girl didn't remeber her name. She was pretty, a blonde with kind eyes and a marvelous smile. Politely, I introduced myself, when suddenly she said: 'Caroline. My name. I remeber it now. I'm Caroline'! Then I awoke. I thought, well that was a weird dream. But I shrugged it off because I thought it was just because you were lying next to me.", he said.
My mouth dropped open. No way!
"But then you started your little experiment and I saw other fragments of my past, only that you were in them. It wasn't much but they were following my first dream too well. So I thought: mhm, something's not right here. How can this be?" He closed in on me and I started moving backwards.
"And yesterday? When you came into my room yet again? Guess what! The exact same thing. So I ask you again, Caroline. What are you not telling me?", he stood right in front of me now. My back hit a cupboard. No escaping anymore. "What did Silas really do to you?"
My breath was going lower. He was so near that our noses almost touched and my heart was beating right out of my chest.
"I can explain.", I whispered. Could I really though?
"Then go ahead. I'd like to hear this explanation."
Searching for words, my eyes were locked onto his. Those deep, beautiful eyes were staring me down, begging for me to finally tell the truth. I had never seen him this desperate.
"Klaus!", a sudden yell disturbed our silence. He let out a growl.
"What is it?", he shouted back, not moving away an inch.
"Hayley. Someone has taken Sophie, probably the witches."
The hybrid clenched his fist and held himself back from punching the wall in.
"We are not done, just to be clear.", he said to me and I nodded. Then he went out of the room. My pulse slowly returned to normal speed. Holy crap. He had seen some of the images? Because I didn't stay away from him? Had he seen himself falling for me in his time? Because that could complicate things. But there was something more important to do now.
Quickly, I followed into the other room, where Hayley was lying on her bed. She didn't look good at all. Sweat covered her face and she was panting.
"They want to kill the baby.", Elijah concluded and Klaus looked more furious then ever.
"This must be Agnes doing.", he growled.
"Isn't that the same witch, who also kidnapped Hayley before?", I asked worried and Rebekah nodded. "That's right."
"What are we gonna do?"
"I'm going to find her and settle things.", Klaus said angrily and speeded to the door. "Caroline, stay here. Don't piss me off even more, please." Then he was gone.
"I'll try to get Davina to undo the link between Sophie and Hayley.", Elijah said. "Sister, we'll see each other when I return. Caroline, you too."
"I won't be here long when you return.", Rebekah said, before Elijah could leave.
"What?", her brother and me said in sync.
"I can't be here anymore. I want to be gone from all this.", she sighed. "I'm sorry you two, I really care about you and Hayley too. And I deeply hope that this baby will bring peace to our brother. As for me, I just want to be free.", she said, a tear in her eye.
"Then so shall it be. I will not condemn you, sister. Though of course I hope you will change your mind someday." With a last smile, he was gone.
"You'll leave me alone here?", I asked, pretending to be a bit offended.
"You won't be alone, Care. Hayley is still here and you have my brother as well.", she gave me a grin. "I do believe, you change him for the better."
I rolled my eyes. "That's not true."
"It is!", the girl insisted. "He tries so hard to do right by you that he doesn't even realize it but you've set something in motion. While he's still the brute whenever you're not around, I think you can make him see, there's good left in his soul. He's not lost forever."
I gave her a smile. "He really isn't, there is a lot if good in him."
The blonde nodded in agreement. "Let us be there for Hayley now. She does need us more than ever."

We stayed by Hayley's side until Elijah returned. He told us to take Hayley outside to the pool because Sophie said that would help somehow. The tension was almost unbearable but at some point, Hayley stopped screaming. The unlinking spell had worked. We were more than happy to hear that. Elijah decided so search for Klaus who had found Agnes and quickly said goodbye to his sister. Before Rebekah left for the road, Hayley and I both gave her a big hug.
"Keep in touch, okay?", I told the Original, who had merely been an annoying b*tch to me some time ago.
"I will, I promise!", then she was gone. Hayley and I tried to settle down.
"How are you feeling?", I asked her and she smiled.
"Better. I'm just glad, the baby will be okay."
I nodded in relief. This baby meant a lot to Klaus, even if he had a hard time admitting it. We all knew it was true. My phone beeped. Surprised, I checked it and saw that Rebekah had written me.
"Girl alert?", I mumbled to myself. "Excuse me for a second."
I stood up and called my friend.
"Hey, what's up?"
"I just did something and I need you to tell me if it was good or bad.", her voice sounded panicked.
"What is it?"
"I might have slept with Marcel? Maybe?"
My eyes widened. "You did what?"
"Yeah... Bad idea, I know. Was it really though?"
I heard a knock at the door.
"Hayley?"
"I'll go, it's probably Elijah or Klaus.", she shouted and went to the door.
"Okay, Becka. Now breathe in. How did this happen?", I concentrated on Rebekah and went into my room.
"Well, it just kinda did. He was there, I was there. We kissed and it went on from there. And now I'm about to hit the road but I needed someone to talk to.", the blonde said.
"It's okay, B. I mean, I don't see what's so bad about this. I get why you're worried but do you regret it?"
"I don't.", Rebekah sighed after a short time of thinking.
"See. Then you have nothing to worry about. And to answer your question: I don't think it was wrong. It's more like scandalous Sex drama, you know?"
She chuckled. "I guess you're right. Thank you for listening. I'll get on the road then."
"Any time. Be safe."
"Bye.", she hung up. Chuckling, I opened the door of the room and stepped out. Looking around to spot the werewolf girl or the Original vampires, I returned to the kitchen. But noone was there. Maybe she'd headed into the living room with the two?
"Hayley?", I yelled. "Who was it? One of the boys?"
But I received no answer. Worry started to arise. If it had been Klaus, he would probably already have checked on me. And Elijah would not keep his mouth shut either when I asked if he was here. That would not be polite.
"Hello? Anyone?", I shouted again but not even a slight sound reached my increased hearing.
"Oh god.", I mumbled, then yelled at the top of my lungs: "Hayley?!"
I vamp speeded through the entire house: nothing. Only the door wide open. The girl was gone.

Hey guys!
15K reads.... 15?! I don't say this enough but thank you all so much for all of your support! I really love this fandom so much!
What do you all think of the story up until now, by the way? Anything you really enjoy? Or perhaps something you want to criticize?
There's some pretty intese chapters ahead so you have something to look forward to! So yeah, I'm excited to share those with you the next couple of weeks and until then, have a great time!
Byeee