Chapter Thirteen • I'm With The Band

July 20th, 1985

Like any other gig the members of Guns N' Roses plays, people flooded out of the Troubadour and into the streets, screaming the lyrics of their original songs. Three days ago, I had officially quit my job as a bartender here, wanting to dedicate all of my attention to Guns N' Roses.

Also three days ago, the band had officially asked me to become their manager. Now, they were my source of income, I got a cut of every profit they made from a gig.

I'm in the front row with Haley, dancing to the song they had just completed a few days ago. Titled 'Welcome to the Jungle', Axl had said the title at many shows before, and they've played the chorus at a few different shows. This song is going to be a hit.

"Welcome to the jungle

We've got fun and games

We got everything you want, honey we know the names

We are the people that can find

Whatever you may need

If you got the money, honey

We've got your disease

Jungle, Welcome to the jungle

Watch it bring you to your shun na na na na

Knees, knees

I, I wanna watch you bleed

Welcome to the jungle

We take it day by day

If you want it, you're gonna bleed

But it's the price to pay

And you're a very sexy girl, very hard to please

You can taste the bright lights

But you won't get them for free

In the jungle, Welcome to the jungle

Feel my, my, my serpentine

Ooh, I want to hear you scream

Welcome to the jungle

It gets worse here everyday

You learn to live like an animal

In the jungle where we play

If you Hunger for what you see

You'll take it eventually

You can have anything you want

But you better not take it from me

In the jungle, Welcome to the jungle

Watch it bring you to your knnn knees, knees

I'm gonna watch you bleed

And when you're high you never

Ever wanna come down

So down, so down, so down, yeah

You know where you are?

You're in the jungle, baby

You're gonna die

In the jungle, Welcome to the jungle

Watch it bring you to your shun na na na na

Knees, knees

In the jungle, Welcome to the jungle

Feel my, my, my serpentine

In the jungle, Welcome to the jungle

Watch it bring you to your shun na na na na na

Knees, knees

In the jungle

Welcome to the jungle

Watch it bring you to you

It's gonna bring you down, ha!"

"This band is pretty good," a short haired, frat boy type man yells over the music, trying to dance with them. "I'm a close personal friend of the singer, if you do me a little favor, then maybe I could introduce you to him."

I roll my eyes as Haley silently laughs, knowing damn well this boy doesn't know Axl. Axl wouldn't be caught dead with someone who dresses like he does. "Sure," I send him a fake smile, playing along with his little act. "Oh my god, Haley," I call out. She immediately knows my plan. "He knows the band!"

"Oh my god!" Haley gasps, throwing her hand over her mouth dramatically. "Can you help us meet the band? Wait, are you with the band?"

The guy rubs his neck awkwardly before nodding. "Yeah, uh, I'm with the band," he lies, glancing up at the stage quickly.

"Can you introduce us to them after the show?" His eyes drop down to my legs. I'm wearing a pair of fishnets with black shorts over them, along with a Van Halen shirt.

"I got you, girl," Haley and I begin to dance with the blonde frat boy, intent on embarrassing the fuck out of him after the show. Damn, was he going to be sad he chose us to mess with.

They play a couple more songs, and before I know it, the show is over. "Okay, time to meet the band!" I exclaim, grabbing one of his hands. Haley, grabs the other and we drag the reluctant guy to the steps that lead to backstage.

"Um, yeah, I don't think-" the guy - who's name I have yet to learn - cuts off his sentence as the security guard, Reggie, allows us to walk by. Of course, it's because of Haley and I, but why would we tell frat boy that?

"They just let you in here like it was nothing, that is so cool!" Haley exclaims as we walk to the band's dressing room. I can only imagine what's going to happen when he opens that door.

Frat boy pauses outside the door, reluctant to open it. His best bet is to come clean right now, but looks like he has other plans. He places his hand on the door knob and walks right in, causing five pairs of eyes to look his way.

"Oh my God, Deanna, it's Guns N' Roses!" Haley squeals, causing frat boy to smirk. He thinks he won, he's in for a rude awakening.

"Hey guys, I picked up these two chicks in the crowd, they wanted to meet ya," he shrugs, probably praying to Jesus that the band goes with his cover story.

I know Guns N' Roses, and I know them well. They aren't usually silent, not in the slightest, and the fact that you could hear a pin drop in this room now certainly means something. There are blank looks in their unmoving faces.

Duff raises an eyebrow, taking a swig of the vodka bottle in his hand. Andrea must've hooked him up with that, because I know he wouldn't of been able to afford that on his own. "We don't fucking know you," I can't hold it anymore, the look on frat boy's face is priceless. I burst out laughing, literally falling to my knees from laughing so hard.

"You two knew them all along?" The frat boy scoffs as I stand up from the floor, taking a step forward to get in my face. I feel the sudden urge to hit him, but I refrain. I never throw the first punch.

"Yeah, I did," I say, not letting him intimidate me anymore. "Maybe you shouldn't go around lying to people, it's a sin, you know."

Truthfully, I wasn't expecting him to full force punch me in the face, tossing my head to the side as blood gathers in my mouth. "Deanna!" Haley exclaims, dropping down beside me.

It's a matter of seconds before all five members of Guns N' Roses jump on top of him.