The problem with Conservatism

The problem with the conservative logic is that they think the way things worked in the past are the best because in the past those actions yielded good results.But this can't work for two main reasons.

The first, is that conditions of the past don't exist today. It's like trying to run Windows 8 on a Commodore 64. You won't be able to run Windows 8, you can only run Commodore 64 software. While conservatives may be very fond of their Commodore 64 hardware and find it easy to use, you can't get online with it.

The planet has 7 Billion, soon to be 8 Billion people on it. To go back to running that on Commodore 64 for you'd have to lower the population by about 3 to 4 billion. THERE IS NO ETHICAL WAY TO DO THAT.

The second is our view of the past is over romanticized. Even our history books put a positive and patriotic view of war. But talk to anyone who has actually been in war, and their view of it is not so positive. And there was bigotry, segregation, and persecution. Economic disparity.

But we don't remember that. We remember howdy duty, leave it to beaver, Mtv, and Nickelodeon. We remember the picnics, the corn dogs, the Bic Macs, and going to the movies. We don't remember things like the Cuban missile crisis, the LA riots, abused spouses, or hard winters on the European front lines.

But then we have things happen like what we are seeing today and we stop and say, "Oh right, now I remember." But it doesn't matter, in 4 years, things will seem like they'll be going alright, but we will just need another year or two and it will be all better.

And you will vote, and maybe things will be better for a bit. And we'll say, "Okay, I think that's enough of that for now." and the nation's interests will sway. That's when the investors will throw that big off switch and pull out all their money, and we'll be right back where we started again.