Forward

Today is December 3rd. On the 17th tumblr.com will be removing large amounts of their content. This is very short notice. The reason for the decision can be traced to Tumblr 's app being removed from the Apple App store for content deemed "pornographic".

While this is not "censorship" by definition, it is certainly a prime example of "the chilling effect". My content doesn't meet the criteria for deletion, this types of mass change can often lead to other issues, so I thought it best to back up some of my content.

I do understand that tumblr has many issue in regards to the adult material on their site, I applaud them for trying to make a platform of free speech. It seems though that free speech is a cost too high for the world of capitalism. Any site trying to do anything similar, Gab for example, seems to be under attack at the moment. I hope that alarms people other than myself.

Transgendered My Little Pony Hentai might not be my cup of tea, but I do believe it deserve a space. If someone has put forth the time and energy to create something they call art, then that is good enough for me to accept it as such.

The most heartbreaking part of this is that so many innocuous fringe communities will be left essentially homeless on the internet. They had found a place to be open and discover each other and now that resource is gone.

Who knows the next head on the financial chopping block? Reddit? Wattpad?

As it stands, no one is safe.