~14~

(Just a heads up, there's some pretty gory stuff in this chapter, but nothing too extreme. I would not suggest skipping over it.)

It's been a week since Norman attacked and Peter was really getting sick and tired of not being able to be Spiderman.

His dad and the others all agreed that it wasn't safe for him to patrol until Norman was taken care of. But god knows how long that could take.

He tried everything to convince his family that he was safe.
'The city needs me!'
'They're gonna think I'm dead again!'
'My suit upgrades need to be tested!'
'I'm so bored!'

But none of it worked.

He flopped down onto his bed and sighed.
"Friday, call Ned and ask him to come over. I'm dying of boredom right now."

"Sure thing Peter, however might I add that it is not possible to actually die or become injured because of 'boredom'?" She replied.

Peter rolled his eyes.
"Thanks fri."

A short while later Friday announced Ned's arrival and he came into Peter's room.

"Hey Peter! How's life stuck in the tower?" Ned asked as he sat down beside Peter. Peter dramatically sighed in annoyance and fell to the floor.

"It's horrible Ned! I'm dying of boredom!" He exclaimed.

"Once again Peter, that is not actually possible." Friday said.

Ned laughed at Friday's commentary but then stopped.
"Are they ever gonna let you be Spiderman again?" He asked seriously.

Peter shrugged.
"Not until Norman is caught."

Of course Peter told Ned everything. Ned was Peter's best friend and he deserved to know everything from if he kissed a girl to which deadly villain was trying to kill him now.

"Man Pete, this sucks. Is there no way you can go out? Crime rates are rising again!" Ned asked. Peter shook his head.

"I know they are... but dad won't let me out! Natasha and Bucky are constantly guarding the windows while Steve and Clint watch the security footage to make sure I'm still here."

Ned sighed.
"Well at least if you're stuck here Norman can't hurt you..." he said sympathetically.
Peter smiled and hugged Ned.
"Yea... I guess so."

They hung out for a few more hours until Ned had to leave. He waved to Peter and said bye to the avengers. Peter sat in the living room after Ned left beside Tony.

"You know I really like that kid Pete, he's a good influence on you." Tony smiled. Peter rolled his eyes.

"Well you know he thinks I should patrol again! It's been a week dad, Norman is probably not gonna attack me, and if he does I'll just fight him off!" He pleaded.

Tony sighed and rubbed his temples.
"Peter... I know how much this means to you. What if I let you go, but you have to follow some rules?"

Peter beamed with excitement.
"Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you!"

Tony smiled and sat Peter back down and made him look at him.

"If you see Norman, you either call us immediately, or if you can hide and get back to the tower as quickly as possible. Understood?"

Peter shook his head then jumped up happily. The other avengers walked into the room and saw the happy teen.

"What's going on?" Steve asked. Peter smiled brightly.
"Dad's letting me go on patrol!" He cheered.