~10~

As soon as the hug broke and tears dried up, Tony put a hand on Peter's shoulder and chuckled.
"Why don't you go change out of that Pete?"

Peter nodded and ran up the stairs. He entered his room and saw that nothing had changed. Everything was still the same as he had left it before he ran away and lived with the other avengers.

He threw on a basic science pun hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. He just wanted to be comfortable. He flopped down onto his bed and took in the warm comfort. This was much better than his cement prison bed.

Then he saw his spider window and he got sad. His dad said that he wasn't allowed to be Spiderman anymore... or did that change? He decided to go and ask.

Peter walked downstairs and saw that most of the avengers were sitting on the couches, but Steve and Tony were sitting at the kitchen island talking.

Peter walked down and cleared his throat awkwardly. Tony and Steve stood up and the others turned around and smiled.

"What's up Pete?" Tony said. Peter stood in front of his dad nervously. He really wanted to have Spiderman back... he couldn't imagine how many people had been hurt since he was away...

"Well dad I was wond-" he was cut off by Friday.
"Sorry to interrupt sir, but the news is broadcasting something I think you should see." She said urgently.

Tony nodded and the TV turned to a news station that read the headline: Spiderman, Dead?

His eyes went wide and so did Peter's. They walked closer to listen. The reporter was standing in the alley where the mystery villain first attacked Peter.

"A little over 4 months ago, New York's own vigilante Spiderman, was seen being attacked by a masked figure in an alley with an array of chemical weapons. Witnesses have just come forward now as they were afraid and in denial of the masked menace's possible death.

Authorities have investigated the scene and although not much blood was found, one witness says she saw Spiderman get injected and then fall over. She said he did not stand up, so she ran away.

No one has seen Spiderman since that day, and New York is missing it's webslinger. Crime rates have almost tripled since Spider-Man's disappearance, and police are struggling to keep citizens safe with the rise in crime. More criminals are harming civilians since Spiderman is no more.

His death is not confirmed but it is very possible whatever the unidentified villain injected him with was lethal, and Spiderman is dead. Back to you Brenda."

Tony turned off the TV. Peter looked at the ground sadly. Steve, Natasha, Bucky, Clint, Sam, Bruce and Wanda all stood facing Peter.

Tony was about to speak but Peter cut him off with his rambling.
"I'm so sorry dad! This is why I was super late for curfew because that... that guy, he like paralyzed me for a really long time and I couldn't make it home and I'm so sorry, if I would have known he was there I would have been able to stop him and I would have called you but I didn't want to worry you because I know how stressed out you are lately and-"

Tony stopped him. And pulled him into a hug.
"It's okay. I'm upset that you didn't tell me Peter, but I'm just happy you're safe." He said.

Natasha shook her head.
"He's not safe. That man is still out there and he wants Peter. He knows that Peter is Spiderman. He attacked us at our safe house and he's the one who gave the 'anonymous tip' that Peter knew where we were hiding. And now all of New York thinks Spiderman is dead."

The others nodded and Peter sighed. Then his eyes widened in panic. Steve saw this and worried.
"Peter what's wrong?"

Peter smacked his head.
"NED!"
Everyone was confused except for Tony and Bruce who had met the kid before.

"Who's Ned?" Clint asked.
"My best friend! He must be freaking out!" Peter panicked.
"Why would he be freaking out?" Sam asked. Peter rolled his eyes.

"Because he knows I'm Spiderman! He's the guy that saved my life so many times before Dad adopted me, and now that New York thinks Spider-Man's dead, Ned probably thinks that I'm dead!"

Everyone nodded and Tony called out to Friday.
"Fri, call Ned Leeds."

The phone rang through the room on the speakers and a small, dry voice answered. You could tell he had been crying, a lot.

"H-hello?" Ned said. Peter almost began to cry at how sad his best friend was.
"Ned! It's me! I'm okay!" Peter said. A loud crashing noise came from the other line.

"YOU'RE NOT DEAD!!!" Ned screamed happily. Peter chuckled.
"No Ned I'm fine! Come over and I'll explain everything okay?"
"I'm already on my way!" Ned said and the line hung up.

Barely even 5 minutes later, a panting Ned ran out of the elevator. He saw Peter and they both ran up to each other and hugged one another so tight. They both cried and shook as they stood there hugging one another.

The other avengers left to give the boys some space. They figured Peter would bring Ned to his room when they were finished hugging.

They separated and Ned glared at Peter.
"What the hell Peter!" Ned said angrily. Peter sighed.
"You disappear out of nowhere for 4 and a half months, and then I see on the news that Spiderman is dead!?" Ned yelled.

Peter hugged Ned again and Ned was shocked but hugged him back.
"I'm so sorry Ned, I didn't mean for this all to happen." Peter said sadly. Peter and Ned went upstairs and sat in Peter's room.

"Okay, what happened?" Ned asked. Peter took a breath.
"Well it started when i was attacked by the villain in the news. He paralyzed me for like a really long time so I was super late to curfew. Dad and I got into a big fight when I got back so I ran away. Captain America, Steve, found me and so he took me in. I spent 4 months living in hiding with them, but then one day that same guy attacked us and he knew who I was so we had to run. But then dad showed up and tried to take me back but then some CIA guys arrested me, as Peter Stark, for knowing information about 'criminals'. I was put into jail at the Raft, so even if I wanted to I couldn't break out. If I dad couldn't save me I would be stuck there for life, but then somehow the other avengers names were cleared and we were all free. So now I live with all of them!"

Ned was speechless.
"Oh Peter... if I'm being honest that kinda like too much for me to process, but I'm just glad you're alive." He said.

Peter chuckled and the two boys spent some time together before Ned had to leave. When he did, Peter went downstairs and sat with the rest of the team.

"Long first day back kid?" Bucky asked. Peter nodded and they chuckled. Suddenly Tony sat up and smiled at Peter.

"Kid listen, about Spiderman, New York needs him and I'm letting you start up patrol tomorrow again, okay?" Tony said.

Peter jumped into the air and cheered.
"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!" He shouted. Everyone chuckled and sat as they watched a movie together.

{•••}

Ready to begin Phase 2...

With no mercy...

Okay that's all for now! Thanks for reading! Leave any concerns in the comments or questions or suggestions! Bye!
~Taco