I stepped back and turned as the door to Ryder's room opened and in walked Noah, Kyle, Violet and Cameron.

"There you guys are!" Noah exclaimed happily, when he saw Ryder and I.

I smiled at all of them in greeting and hugged Violet when she came to stand beside me.

"You're fight is starting in a couple of minutes Ryder," Kyle said, giving Ryder a fist bump.

Ryder nodded and everyone turned to leave.

"Riley, you coming?" Violet asked me, confused that I was still standing in the same position.

"In a minute," I said, giving her a reassuring smile.

She looked between Ryder and I and nodded as if she understood some unknown message. Once Cameron was out the door, he closed it behind him.

I turned to see Ryder's back towards me. He held the neck of his hoodie and pulled it upwards, taking it off and discarding the material on his desk.

I stared at his back, his muscles moving under the tanned skin. He had a long scar running from his shoulder and disappearing under his shorts. It showed faintly under the yellow light and when he turned around, I quickly looked away from him and fixed my eyes on my worn out sneakers.

Ryder walked past me and motioned for me to follow him.

I walked silently behind him until he made it to the ring where Violet, Noah, Cameron and Kyle stood talking animatedly. Just before we could reach them, I placed a hand on Ryder's bicep, marvelling at the muscle, to stop him in his tracks.

Focus Riley! Hormones later.

"Good luck," I yelled.

He grinned at me and I felt my insides turn to jelly at seeing his smile.

"Are you going to be my cheerleader?" he asked me teasingly.

I rolled my eyes at him and he turned away from me, passing the rest of our friends who wished him luck.

Violet grabbed onto my arm and pulled me to the front of the ring, where I could clearly make out Ryder and his opponent.

All traces of playfulness were wiped off of his face and he wore a neutral expression. Meanwhile, his opponent had on a sneer and was practically shaking from his anger.

He circled Ryder, and Ryder stayed standing motionless following the man out of the corner of his eye.

I chewed the inside of my cheek nervously while Kyle and Noah hooted and hollered, backing Ryder up. Violet and Cameron observed the fight silently and when Violet noticed my stare she smiled at me.

"Have a little faith Riles," Violet said giving my shoulder a squeeze.

I gave her a nervous smile and bit my lip as I went back to observing the fight.

Ryder made the first punch after his opponent had made three full circles around him. His punch sent his opponent flying backwards into the ropes. The crowd went wild, cheering and yelling things at both Ryder and his opponent.