Maybe she should switch off her mobile phone and unplug the wire of her house phone, but the scolding will be doubled if she did that.

"Um...Pardon me, miss?"

Upon realizing that she had covered her face with her hands as her head bent downwards, she quickly raised her head. "Yes?"

The waitress looked uncomfortable as she gave her a genuine smile mixed with sympathy. "The gentlemen had left the bill for you to pay."

'That bastard!' Was what Natalie wanted to say but she put on her fake smile and said lightly, "Ah, I know that jerk would do that."

If she knew that today's date would turn out this way, she would just tell her mother that 'yes, she's lesbian, and no, her lover was hiding in a closet and would not agree to meet her'.

The only reason why Natalie agreed to the blind date was the growing sense of loneliness getting to her. She wanted to love someone and be loved in return. Then she wanted at least two kids before it was too dangerous to give birth for her age.

Natalie sighed loudly as she walked back home, ignoring passerby's questioning stares. How could she have the worst luck when it comes to boyfriends or dates? Two of her ex-boyfriends had ended up with her friends after they dumped her with flimsy excuses.

Another ex-boyfriend that worked in the same company had ended up with her supervisor and she hastily resigned. Another one ended up with her neighbor and she quickly moved out of her parent's house after that.

"Why does no one wants me?" Natalie wailed in dismay as she stared up the sky as if it will answer her.

"I do want you."

Natalie groaned when she realized she had arrived at her apartment building. It was her two doors away neighbor that had said that. Even under the dimly lit street, his bright red hair gave his identity away even without even needing to see his face.

"Your girlfriend will kill you before you could even break up with her."

Trent grinned as he approached Natalie. "How's the date?"

"I get to pay the bill. Yay, lucky me!" Natalie replied sarcastically.

"Did you piss off you date?"

"Don't I always?" She said with thick malice and Trent laughed.

"You did that whenever your mom sets up your blind date."

Natalie sighed in dismay. "I just don't know how she manages to find those stick up in the ass dudes for me to have a blind date with."

"Finding them through their mother?"

"I forgot about that, yeah," Natalie said in sarcasm as she rolled her eyes. She dragged her feet towards the elevator with Trent trailing behind. She waved lazily at the securities guard in passing and fiercely poked the elevator's button. Although she usually used the stairs as she stayed on the third floor, she decided to use the elevator today due to the feeling of her soul being drained.

"Hey, you have three rooms in your apartment, right?"

"You have three rooms as well, airhead," she shot back as she stepped into the box once the door opened and poked her floor button with too much force that nearly bends her finger backward.

"What I'm trying to ask is if you want to rent out a room?"

Natalie eyed him warily. "Who is it?"

"What?"

"Who is it? I know you are planning something. Spill it."

"A friend of mine has a little brother that needs a place to stay."