Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Wess, Cole's best friend since junior high, had asked the same question for more than twenty times in the past few days.

"Yes." Cole might have tried to sound confident, but both of them knew how far he was from feeling so. After all, Cole had immediately searched his best friend to confide about the 'traumatic' incident of meeting his potential roommate.

For the first twenty minutes after Cole had spilled out all that had happened, Wess had a good laugh that ended with a stomachache. After that Wess offered to help him in finding another place for Cole to stay, but it might be not as good as the apartment Natalie and Trent stayed at.

Even if the apartment that Natalie was staying in has a rental fee that most people could not afford, the design was something to be admired. Coincidentally, the apartment was closer to Cole's university and workplace, which would help to save his time traveling expenses. Natalie had even exempted him from paying the electricity and water bills, which saved his money too.

They decided to continue searching for a place before the promised date when Cole suddenly said he will accept the offer to stay at Natalie's apartment.

"Why the heck would you want to do that for?" Wess asked in disbelief.

"S-She isn't that bad."

Wess had thought his friend had gone nuts and tried to persuade him to change his mind, but to his surprise, Cole stood firm in his decision. Cole was not a stubborn man and always tried to accommodate others before himself.

However, that does not help Wess to understand why Cole insisted to stay with that mad old lady. But what Wess does not know was that Cole was actually scared to meet with Natalie again. She was a pleasant lady but could be a bit forceful in his opinion, but Cole was not the type of guy that hated dominant women.

In fact, Cole sincerely respected them, even if they could be terrifying.

Cole gave up in searching because he knew that he would not able to find an offer better than Natalie's apartment in such a short amount of time. He does not want to keep asking for help from Wess and his elder brother. His brother had worked hard to support his wife and two children, and he even needs to feed Cole as well.

His brother had raised him when their parents had passed away from a car accident. His brother had to sacrifice his education in order to find a job to earn money. Life was difficult for his brother, and Cole tried to ease his brother's burden as much as he could, doing all the housework and study well.

His part-time job could be used to pay for the rent, and as for his studies, he was under a scholarship.

When it was finally the promised date, Wess offered to help Cole carry his stuff to his new house and he quickly agreed. Wess let out an impressed whistle when they finally reached Cole's soon-to-be home. "This place is not shabby."

Cole silently agreed with him. This building resides in the area where most wealthy people stayed at.

All of Cole's belongings were neatly stuffed into two boxes so each man can carry one. They could not enter the building as they do not have the tag needed to bypass the electronic door. Wess pressed the bell beside the door and waited until a security guard approached them. Another guard was sitting behind a desk, eying them with sharp eyes.

"Can I help you?" The security guard asked politely.

"Y-Yes, please. I'm a new tenant that shares F3-24 with Miss N-Natalie Kilper."

"You must be Cole Jordan?"

"Y-Yes."

"She told me to lead you up. Come in." The guard pressed a button and the door opened to let them in. "Hold on, I will call someone to fill in my spot." The guard spoke to the walking talkie, leaving the two young adults to gawk at the place.