Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Mrs. Kilper was getting desperate after seeing her daughter going through so many breakups. Natalie will be twenty-nine next month and still remained single while her other siblings were already married with children.

If one heard about the number of relationship failure that Natalie had experienced, they would either think she was joking or pity her for her bad fortune.

This explained why Natalie Kilper was currently in a very expensive restaurant, sitting opposite a stranger that her mother had set up her up with. The place and food were excellent, yet she was struggling with the desire to throw herself out of the window to end the night.

Natalie's date was dressed in an expensive looking suit matched with a neat hairstyle, looked like a perfect gentleman that most mothers would approve to be their son-in-law. However, it was his attitude that pissed Natalie off.

He kept on degrading her profession with a subtlety alike to an elephant walking into a room, continuously bragging about his job as a lawyer. He had also hurt her eyes when he frequently flashed his very shiny watch that was probably pretty expensive.

Eyeing the clock that was hanged on the restaurant's wall for the hundredth time, she finally sighed in relief.

It's finally ten o'clock and she can leave.

"I'm sorry, but I've got to go." Natalie plastered on a fake smile that most people like her current date would never figure out that it was not genuine thanks to their huge ego.

Her date looked disappointed as he checked the time on his flashy watch in an exaggerated motion. "We will continue our conversation on our next date then."

Natalie shivered in horror and quickly shakes her head. After making sure her smile was still intact on her face, she replied as sweetly as possible, "Oh, no. I'm sorry, but I'm pretty busy lately. I don't think we will need any more dates."

Please get what I mean! Natalie silently pleaded.

"I'm sure you would be free for dinners."

"No, I won't have time to join you for dinners or lunches."

"Perhaps we could meet for breakfast?"

Looks like subtlety does not work on him at all.

Natalie sighed in dismay before straightening up her back and eyed him straight in the eye. If being tactful does not work, blunt honesty does.

"Look Mister...whatever." Natalie was not sorry for forgetting his name after two seconds of introducing himself.

"Since you obviously suck in non-verbal communication, I shall have to make my verbal communication as clear to you as possible. Listen, I don't like you. I want a companion that listens to me instead of bragging about himself the whole time. What's more, I believe my bank account is twice larger than yours if we compare from the way you spends your money. And I'm not a freaking waitress, as you have thought so for the last two hours! I own a café and bloody proud of it!"

By the time she stopped, she realized the whole restaurant had gotten dead silent and every eye was on them. As for her date, his face looked as red as a tomato that was going to explode very soon.

"You make yourself very clear, Miss Kilper. Thank you for your honest opinion of me and we will not see each other again. Good evening and my name is Mr. Oxlan."

Natalie could see he was trying very hard to preserve his remaining dignity as he walked out of the restaurant with his head high, avoiding eye contact with anyone. She knew her mother will yell at her tonight when she called for her 'check in' after Natalie's date nights.