Chapter 4

Hiccup POV:
I ran all the way to our house. I really hope it wasn't Astrid's parents who upset her, and that it was just hormones kicking in. I reached me and Astrid's house and opened the door slowly, and found Astrid crying on our stairs. I shut the door and rushed over to her and sat next to her.
Her hands were pried over her face, and her head was in her knees. I put an arm around her back and pulled her near me.
"You want to tell me what happened?" I ask. "My-my parents," She stuttered crying. I just pried her hands away from her face and pulled her into a big hug. I kissed her head and let her cry into my chest.
————————————————————————
We sat there for about 3 hours until she calmed down. She had fallen asleep on me after all that crying, and I had to carry her to our bed. I took off her shoulder pads, and boots and let her sleep.
"Hiccup?" I hear a voice. I walk downstairs. "Mom? What are you doing here?" I say. "Well you and Astrid both ran out of the hall and didn't come back!" Valka says winking. "No! We didn't do what you think we did!" I say embarrassed. She glares. "Astrid's parents is what happened. They have always hated me and now Astrid because she chose to be my wife and the chieftaness. They yelled at her outside the hall, and I saw her distress and ran home." I say. "Oh that poor girl! Where is she now?" My mom says. "She's sleeping upstairs. It took me 3 hours to make her feel better!" I say upset.