Four against three, not cool, I realized I was just standing there.

Listen to Luke.

Just do something, help them!

No go! Listen to Luke just this time will you?

Go.

I turned around and started to run when I felt bony cold fingers wrap themselves around my ankle, before I knew what was happening, the tug sent me sprawling against the hard pavement. I tried to pull my leg free. “That was not very ladylike,” he pinned me to the ground. His eyes sent a chill down my spine.

I spat at his face, to prove his point and to show him how much I actually care about being ladylike. I mean it’s the twentieth century. “You shouldn’t have done that.” At least it made him look away. He clenched his hand into a fist and punched me in the rib, not as hard for a bone to break, but hard enough to knock the breath out of me.

He rose his fist the second time, I closed my eyes hopelessly waiting for the blow, but it never came, instead I heard a loud grunt then a groan and the weight lifted of me.  Made it so much more easier to breathe. I opened my eyes to see Blade fists move so fast and hard each fist making a hard contact at the guy under him.

I pushed myself to my knees, clutching my side. I clenched my fists and rested my forehead onto my fist, trying to control my breathing. Everything went quiet. I felt some one’s arms wrap around my torso and pull me up. I was met with green worried eyes.

I leaned against him as I saw his lips shout something in Luke’s direction. Luke’s cautious eye’s turned toward our direction, I saw him pull something out of his pocket and toss it towards where Blade stood. My inhaler.

Blade caught it with one hand, as soon as it made contact to his palm, my hearing returned. Blade was quick, yet not forceful. He straightened my posture to open my airways, and put it between my lips, directing me through it all until, my breathing was less than too shallow and quick. He pulled me up to my feet and I leaned against his side for support and he legged off running, first pulling me along then scooped me up.

I was too tired to remember the rest, I just wrapped my arms loosely around Blade’s torso as he rode of the cold air bit against my bare skin, I shivered and huddled closer into Blade, the rest was a blur. When we reached the house, I just walked in still a little dizzy, and nauseous I mumbled a quick and quiet thank you to Blade, and stumbled my way to Luke’s room.

Almost tripping over my feet twice, I slipped out of my boots and jacket and threw myself into Luke’s bed under the covers. I heard his voice coming from the living room. “Where is she? Is she okay? Blade? Where…” I fell asleep almost as soon as my head made contact with the pillow.

****

“Ey Gabriella?” I looked over Blade’s shoulder at Felix. “Yesh?” I answered sucking onto a lollipop. “What sign were you born under?”

It’s been three days since that little fight. It was decided not to be mentioned ever again. We put it aside. Blade and Luke have been training me, taking shifts, between there casual, day or night bodyguards or something like that. Jackie even taught me a few basic parkour moves that I might need.

Pixel and Felix tried to train me mentally. Pixel literally made me sit a few quizzes after her long presentation. Which thankfully I passed. I was sitting on the couch in between Blade and Luke, playing Call of Duty Ghosts. I’ll be playing up against the loser, so I was watching them as they dominated through the different guns. It was so close.

Felix showed a few gadgets, two nights ago, he’s like if you think of an idea, he’ll help me put it together. I told thanks and that was really sweet of him.