ĸιм ѕeoĸjιn

This is supposed to be posted on Jin's birthday. But still belated happy birthday to Jin. ❤ And also, Idk what this is. I'm sorry if this is too rushed.

P.S. Monito is my other book's name. The first chapter is already posted if you want to check it out. :D

ⓢⓣⓐⓡⓣ

"Namjoon, Mr. Kim wants to see you."

Namjoon turned his head, temporarily abandoning the manuscript he was currently editing on his computer. The editor in chief's secretary, Hoseok, was intruding his cubicle. Which only meant one thing.

He rolled his eyes and heaved a deep exasperated sigh. He washed his face with his hands in frustration.

"I'm sorry Namjoon," Hoseok smiled apologetically.

"What is it this time?" He grumbled while frowning.

"Must be about the manuscript you've written that you handed to him prior," Hoseok hinted, grinning sympathetically at Namjoon. Which was a very bad sign that Namjoon must have done something...again. "Good luck. Honestly, he looked so scary when he told me to call you. Just be careful in there." Hoseok looked genuinely worried for him that made him dread to go inside the lion's den.

But Namjoon was quite used to it. This was just one of his many other dreadful visits to the editor in chief's office for the nth time. This wasn't the first time Namjoon has been called out for any of his works. Either it could be some minor mistake he must have overlooked or him not completely following any of his senior editor's instructions. However, most of his fellow assistant editors weren't called out directly to the editor in chief's office just to be corrected personally. They were usually only emailed by Hoseok to revise their work. They don't have to meet the editor face to face. It must be because Namjoon's new that explains why the editor in chief has been picking on him.

After a few moments of complaints, Namjoon willed himself to stand up and prepared himself from the editor in chief's incoming wrath.

He walked slowly and agitatedly to supposedly drag out the time before he has to face him again. Until there wasn't any path left for him. He's now in front of a brown wooden closed door patiently waiting to be opened to welcome him to his own demise.

Then he turned the untainted golden doorknob to behold the editor in chief's office, aka the lion's den. On the other end of the room across him where the editor in chief's table was situated at, the said editor was reading some random manuscripts that Namjoon may or may not have previously passed. The man across him didn't even acknowledge his presence, still busying himself in reading the papers. Namjoon stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. Then he decided to go nearer to the editor in chief's office desk until he's only a few steps away from the man. The sleek silver name plate was grabbing Namjoon's attention. The editor in chief's full name was intricately embedded on the expensive material.

Kim Seokjin
Editor in Chief

Namjoon gulped before speaking.

"You called me, sir?"

Finally, Seokjin decided to acknowledge Namjoon's existence. He looked up, staring at the assistant editor uninterestedly. Seokjin still hasn't done anything but Namjoon could already feel his heart palpitating. Although for another reason. It's not because Seokjin's scary. It's...well...how should Namjoon say this in a professional manner?