Prompt 15 || Word Prompt

Hello everyone and thanks for joining us on our newest prompt! This week we will feature a word prompt. You do not need to include the wording of the prompt in your submission, but you can if you want to.

WORD PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any specific order. To read the rest of the entries submitted, please check them out in the comments section below! Remember that our prompts will be back in January 2019!

***

WINNER 1: DeannaHellerErskin

My parents are hoarders and because of it, I was forced to move from my childhood home and into a studio apartment. Then one day, my mom broke her leg after a lopsided stand fell on her, trapping her leg and breaking it. I finally had enough of their foolishness, so I picked up my phone and called someone to help.

My parents were surprised when I came with Dr. Thea Delgado, a specialist on hoarding and mental disorders. After some coaxing, my parents finally agreed to our demands: clean up the house or get sent to a nursing home. Forever.

It didn't take long for us to clean the living room and kitchen and I went into my parents bedroom. Their bed was stacked high with dirty clothes and food wrappers, with old and moldy food stuck inside. I grimaced as I kneeled down, avoiding a puddle of sticky stuff that sort of looked like gravy, before looking under their bed.