Prompt 63 || Word Prompt

Hey there! Welcome to our brand new prompt. This week, we'll be featuring a word prompt. Remember that you can interpret the prompts in any manner you see fit, be it literal or figurative, provided that there is a clear link between your entry and the prompt given.

Word prompt reads: You find yourself in an endless loop of returning back to school. Never growing up. Never graduating.

WINNERS

Please note that the winners are not posted in any specific order.  We normally have more than one winner, and this week, we had two entries. Both gave amazing stories. After careful consideration, we decided to include both. 

WINNER I: avniy1312

As the school bell rang, I picked up my bag from my seat and started stepping towards the classroom door. I was in such a hurry to leave for school that I forgot to say goodbye to my friend. So, I quickly turn back before taking my last step out of class. I was surprised because everyone had already left the class.

Maybe I didn't see anyone leaving the class. Then I left the classroom and began walking towards the school entrance. I was walking a little too fast to meet my friend at the entrance of the school. When I reached the entrance of the school, everyone had left the school. A cold shiver ran through my veins. I could listen my heart thumping sound louder all over my body. Then I take deep breaths to calm myself down. A few minutes later, I walk out of the school. I was thinking of calling my friend as soon as I reach home. Suddenly I realized something while walking on the road. The road on which I am walking is very busy but today there is no one on this road. This scares me even more. I decided to drop all these weird thoughts and then I started singing a song.

I started feeling a little comfortable by singing songs. After walking for a long time i noticed something that confused me. I saw the same house that I always used to see on my way to school. This makes me scared. I ignore it and start walking again on the road. As I walked a little more, I reached my school. I got frozen. Then I start stepping from my school to reach my home but then I again reached my school. This thing began happening to me again and again.

My legs almost broke in this endless loop. I fall on the road, My whole body gets heated up. Then I take out the phone from the backpack to call my dad. I was completely shocked when I turned on my phone. I screamed and the phone fell from my hand.

I saw my face lit up on the screen of my phone.

Then I realize that my friend has killed me by burning me in the fire.

WINNER II: JoanofArc8

Out of all days that I have been in school, I'd have to name this the most weird one yet.

Today our school counsellor came to talk to us about grief. This is strange. She has never come to talk to us as a class. Everyone else has been acting so weird all day, too. The whole class was dead silent and my best friend seems to ignore me. She doesn't talk to me during recess time, she ignores all the notes I pass her in class, and she hasn't been responding to my texts all weekend. And on top of that, she's always crying... the whole class is... I don't understand.

Things are getting weird at home, too. Mom and Dad don't talk so much anymore, and when they do, they only talk to my sister. Kat's the only one that talks to me, but she doesn't hear me either.

No one called my name at the graduation ceremony today. And no one else came, too. It's been over six weeks. Summer break's almost over. And here I am, day after day, roaming around the empty schools corridors, with chattering voices in my head. Days come and go, and nothing changes.