And, with that, he laughed evilly and took off into the sky. Wind rushed past Marinette, and the dust on the cave floor kicked up. She squinted her eyes and waved her hand in front of her face, but by the time the dust had settled, Billy was gone.

Frowning, Marinette folded her arms. A warning? Who was after her now? Billy had been the one person she had worried about finding her, but if he was warning her about something taking whatever her 'aura' was... needless to say, it worried her.

Eventually, Marinette shook her head and turned her back to the cave entrance. She couldn't overthink whatever that dumb butterfly told her. She had to get home, and nothing was going to stop her.

She headed down the small pathway that led deeper into the cave. The further she walked, the more she realized that the blue flowers she'd seen at the front entrance didn't just reflect light. They made it. They were bioluminescent, or whatever it was called. She wasn't sure if that term applied to only marine animals, but she remembered her teacher mentioning it in science class once.

As she walked past a bigger patch of the blue flowers, she heard faint whispering. She stopped, confused, and listened harder to what she could hear.

"-what she wanted. There was nothing I could do!"

A boy?

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure that demon woman won't find anything here."

That sounded like a girl's voice.

"But still, even if-"

After that, the boy's voice seemed to fade away. Then, the little piece of dialogue started over again. Marinette bent down and examined the flower closer. She poked it with her finger, but it didn't react. It was just a flower.

"What are you?" she muttered to herself.

"What are you?" the plant repeated.

Marinette gasped. "W-what the-?!"

"W-what the-?!" the plant repeated again.

Marinette shook her head and got to her feet. She wasn't going to play telephone with a random plant. But, what it had seemed to remember had caught her attention. Had there been a boy and girl who'd come through here recently? Maybe she wasn't so alone in this cave after all.

Marinette continued on her journey through the cave. As she walked, the cavern soon got bigger, and bigger, and bigger, until she seemed to be in a completely different world. The drippings of water she'd heard at the entrance finally made sense, since she now was looking at elegant waterfalls.

Beautiful curtains of water fell from above and landed in pools along the path. Every once and a while, there were bridges that closed the gap to either side of the river. Lily pads, more blue flowers, and other plants could be found by the rivers. She even saw a couple frogs in the cattails.

As she made her way across one such bridge, she could see a little trail of smoke in the distance. She tilted her head. So, she really wasn't alone in the cave. Maybe, if she could find where the smoke was coming from, she could find the other people.

SMASH!

Marinette yelped and jumped to her right. Next to her, a shimmering spear stuck out of the bridge's wood floor. Her heartbeat quickened, fear gripping her once more.

"Hello?" she called out.

SMASH!

Another spear impaled the floor next to her, only on her opposite side. She squeaked and began to back up. She had to get off this bridge.

"Who's there?" she shouted.

This time, she could hear the spear coming. She moved just in time. It splintered the bridge just beside her foot. She whirled around, just in time to see a gleaming reddish-yellow eye in the darkness above her.

"Come out of hiding, I can see you!" Marinette demanded, holding her ground.

After a moment, the figure moved out of the dark and into the light. A gleaming purple spear was the first thing Marinette saw. Next was the grey armor, reflecting the spear's purple glow. Third was the red-yellow eye that stared her down. And, lastly, the sneer that showed off the girl's sharp teeth.

Marinette's bravery melted into her shoes as the girl raised her spear above her head. In a monotone-like voice, all Marinette heard the girl say was one sentence: "Die, human."

Then, she ran.

---

Hi, everyone! 

Thank you for being so patient with me as I try to put out updates. Life has been crazy recently, what with my job, my (not yet official) boyfriend, and my friends. Finding time to write has been difficult, but not impossible!

Well, I hope this update helps excite you guys for the next few chapters. I have so many awesome ideas up my sleeves for this fanfic, and I can't wait to put them down on paper!

Anyway, you probably don't care about what's happening in my life, so we'll just wrap up the chapter like we always do: with a favorite comment!

Favorite Comment: 

By:  RomanceAmist88

WHAT THE HECH OH HECK NO MARINETTE SINCE WHEN DID THAT CRUST BALL BECOME THAT "SOMEONE" YOU HAD TO RETURN TO ?!?
YOU SHOULD ONLY BE WALKING THROUGH BLIZZARDS AND SACRIFICING UR LIFE FOR ADRIEN...DO YOU HEAR ME?!? AAAAAADDDDRRRIIIIIEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Takes deep breath*
Okkkaaayyy...lemme calm down.

(Luka isn't the main love interest, guys. I promise. We just have to set up some plot. Marinette will find her Adrien soon).

And, as always, Stay Determined! (And have a miraculous day!)