5 | Duchess of Mandalore

Start from the beginning

"I'm use to it" Ahsoka swiped her hand in the air, unfazed.

"So, what are you up to today?" Dakota asked.

"I'm... just going to wait for him to come back" Ahsoka admitted, chuckling softly.

"That's always a fun task" Dakota replied, crossing her arms "I was going to visit Senator Amidala at the Senate building today, would you like to tag along?"

"I'd love to, gives me something to do!" Ahsoka said with excitement.

~

Dakota walked down the circular hallway of the Senate, heading towards the young Senators office. She could sense that she was inside. Ahsoka walked beside the Master, dodging the various other senators present in the building that day "There sure are a lot of people here today" Ahoksa observed out loud.

"An important vote is going to take place here tomorrow, every one is getting ready for it" Dakota enlightened the Padawan "The vote will involve the Duchess whom Master Skywalker and Kenobi are bringing"

"Ah. Makes sense" Ahsoka nodded.

They both entered through the sliding door of Senator Amidala's office. C-3PO was standing off to the side near her, other than that she was alone. She looked up from her holo-computer, her hazel eyes lightening up at the sight of her friends "Isn't this a surprise!" She smiled, standing up from her desk "Dakota, why do you never come to visit me anymore?" She asked, coming up to hug her.

She wore a long purple dress, that was designed perfectly for her, with her long brown hair held in an intricate piece of headwear.

"My apologies, Senator. Bringing peace to the galaxy can keep my hands full at times" she hugged her back, half kidding.

"And Ahsoka, good to see you again" she hugged the Padawan as well before stepping back "I suppose that you're here because of the vote that will commence tomorrow?" Padmé gestured for them to sit down on her couches in the corner of her office "3PO, please bring us some drinks"

"Yes, Miss Padmé" the droid quickly obeyed, scurrying off to go gather the refreshments.

"I figured that you were the person to go to, as a non Jedi" Dakota told her, sitting down beside Ahsoka on the purple couch. Padmé sat on the single chair directly across "May I ask your position on this matter?" Dakota asked, leaning forward slightly in her seat.

"Position on what?" Ahsoka asked, becoming confused. She looked between the Jedi Master and the Senator.

"Wether or not the Republic should occupy the neutral territory of Mandalore" Padmé replied, answering her question "The Senate will decide tomorrow, although I feel that the end result will not please the Duchess. To answer your question-" she met Dakota's eyes "I'd prefer to let the Mandalorians handle their Death Watch situation however they see fit, but most others think differently"

"You're certainly right about that" Dakota agreed.

"You're from the Mandalore System, are you not?" Padmé asked her as C-3PO set the three cups of steaming liquids on the coffee table in between them. Dakota nodded her head "So as someone who is from that area, how do you feel about it?"