I'm Sorry

Dick was now sitting on the side of the bed, legs dangling off.

Everyone had stepped back to give him some space.

He sighed gently through his nose and adjusted the dark shades he was now wearing.

Bruce wordlessly passed them to him the moment he woke up.

There was still one person in the room who didn't know who he really was and he was intent on keeping it that way.

However, he's not entirely sure that's why Bruce gave them to him.

His eyes may have regained their light but it only makes the dark circles around his eyes and the exhaustion on his face stand out more.

At least with the glasses he could cover it up and keep whatever dignity he had left in front of his two current teammates.

Gar approached the bed again, hand slightly raised.

He opened his mouth to say something but his communicator buzzed.

He awkwardly lowered his hand to his pocket and pulled it out and immediately grimaced as Cyborg proceed to shout at him.

"What the hell man? Tracker says you've been staying in one place for a while now and you didn't bother to call? And is Raven with you? She left after you did and her communicator is here! Cinderblock got out and Star and I were alone with him!"

Robin raised his head at that and gave Gar a slight tilt of his head, his eyebrows arching in a concerned and questioning manner.

He raised his hand up towards him and Gar, immediately knowing what he meant, passed him the communicator.

"BB? What gives-- oh hey Rob."

A few seconds of silence pass until Cyborg shouts his name in surprise.

No one else in the room can see what's going on but Robin awkwardly started rubbing the back of his head while the voices on the other end stopped and multiple scuffling noises and some static was heard on the other end.

Wally finally made his way over to the bed.

They both whispered to each other before Wally looked down at the screen.

He had an amused look on his face and quickly waved at the screen before turning around and dragging his uncle out the door and back downstairs.

"I'll talk to you later, okay Star?"

There were a few sniffles on the other side before Robin smiled slightly and apparently the communicator was shifted to Cyborg again.

"If you guys need any help then contact the others, Bumblebee and Blue Beetle."

"Dude, what exactly happened? Are you okay?"

"Oh you're asking him that now?"

Raven elbowed Gar in the gut, making him shut up.

"...Raven figured out how to heal me."

"And?!"

"We think it worked... just... I'm going to be out of commission for a few days okay? I'm probably not going to be able to make the trip back, especially on the back of a speedster."

"Why?"

Raven suddenly raised her voice.

"His recovery is not going to be easy and it's not going to happen over night. If I was just a few seconds late, he would have died and been beyond saving!"

"What about--"

"If I teleport him back it could reverse what I've done. Besides that if he does anything strenuous then he risks his recovery as well."