CH 6: YOU WIN OR YOU DIE

The scarlet tents and banners in the large Lannister camp could be seen for miles. Around 60,000 men all prepared to march to war to bring back Tyrion from Catelyn Stark.

Tywin entered his tent with a dead stag on his back and placed it on a table, rolling his sleeves up as he took a knife in hand.

"How was the hunt?"

The man turned back at the voice, finding Diana Lannister/Tully, his wife, sitting on top of his desk with a goblet in hand, grinning at the man without a care in the world.

"How many times have I told you to not come in here without permission?" growled Tywin lowly, the redhead just ignoring his anger, "A stag? Were you imaging the animal was Robert Baratheon when you killed it? Mmm. Though I have to say, it's not fat enough."

The Lannister rubbed his head in annoyance, something that always seemed to happen when she was around, and placed the blade back on the table, "What do you want Diana?"

Mockingly thinking about it, the Tully hummed, "Many things really. One being though, to tell you that our son has safely arrived at King's Landing and is not too happy with what's happening in the capital."

"My job is not to make him happy." said Tywin. Diana sighed, lowering her cup, "You seem to forget that our son is not as ruthless as his parents."

The man stepped closer to the table his wife was sitting on and locked eyes with her, "Michael is to inherit everything that I have and become Lord of Casterly Rock. He must learn that the House comes before anyone else, even if they share blood."

"It is that honest heart that makes your soldiers love and respect him. Unlike you whom they fear. You also should not forget that Michael places his logical mind over his feelings, different of his siblings. He would not do anything to cause harm to House Lannister." said the redhead, not hiding the pride she felt for her child, but then her attitude turned teasing, "He's so adorable really. Maybe we should have another."

"Don't joke around, Diana. I have no interest in fathering any more children at my age. You haven't stopped taking the Moon Tea, have you?" questioned Tywin.

Diana chuckled at that, her leg running in between his, "Are you sure that it is because you can't take care of any more children? Or because you don't want others to know that even the great Tywin Lannister gets frustrated down here?"

"You really are...!" just as his hands grabbed her shoulders roughly and pushed her down, a male's voice came from outside the tent, making the woman sigh in annoyance. "Father, may I come in?"

Immediately, Tywin went back to the stag, leaving the grinning Tully's side.

"Come in." echoed the cold voice of the older lion, Jaime not wasting any time in stepping inside the tent. Surprised at the woman's presence, the Kingsguard looked at them confused, "Lady Diana...? Did I interrupt something?"

"Of course not. What is it you need?" spoke Tywin, already angry enough.

The younger Lannister did not lose the frown on his face as he glanced between the two.

It was no secret his father had only found a new wife so that she would give birth to a boy and he could disinherit Tyrion. Something that led many to believe that the married couple had never slept together since his brother was born. Mostly after the lady had not gotten pregnant since then.

However, the Lannister siblings knew better. They might not be completely sure, but moments like this made them consider the possibility that their father had taken a liking to her.

Jaime took a letter out, his green pools trailing towards his mother-by-law. She might have been the mother of his youngest brother, whom he cared for deeply, and the wife of his father, but Diana was also Lady Stark's sister. He couldn't be sure where her loyalties laid.