CH 34: THE SECOND SONS (PART 2)

– King's Landing –

The Sept of Baelor was slowly crowded by people as guests entered one after the other. The number of guests should indicate how much importance they were giving to the wedding of Tywin Lannister's second son. However, just from their attires, a knowledgeable person could tell that this was just like any other day to them.

Although their clothes were still luxurious, made of fine silks and embroidered with beautiful threads and jewels, they wore the clothes that they used every other day. These were the clothes they would use to go to court and to stride along the royal gardens and the streets of the capital.

For the common people, it might have meant nothing, but those of noble status knew to tailor a new attire every time there was a special occasion. Repeating clothes or wearing everyday ones meant that they either had no money to afford anything new or that they simply did not care for the "special" occasion.

But it wasn't just the guests doing that. They would not have dared to if those above them hadn't done the same.

This wedding was but a formality that held no meaning other than making a show. If Tywin could have had them marry just by signing a piece of paper, he wouldn't have even bothered with the formalities and the subsequent banquet.

Michael looked around at the crowd of people who could care less about being there. This didn't feel like a wedding at all. His brother and Sansa deserved better.

"I know the wedding arrangements were done last minute, but this is quite depressing."

Michael didn't need to turn around to know who it was. He didn't know the exact reason why, since the Tyrells' arrival, Stefan Tyrell would approach him from time to time to annoy him. It was like he was trying to get on his bad side while Margaery appeared to be making every effort to make Cersei hate her.

Michael kept his posture with his hands in front of him, not turning back to Stefan, "No need to worry. Your sister's wedding will be much more spectacular than this little affair. Your family is paying for half of it, so you should know."

"You sound upset. I assure you that whatever Lord Tywin was told which led to this rash wedding held no bearing. At least not yet. We did consider it, but we planned to wait until after Margaery wedded Joffrey. We had yet to make any moves."

"That is great to know." Michael scoffed, shaking his head as he finally turned to face the other. There was only an inch of difference between their heights, so their eyes were practically on the same level. "I'm sure Sansa would have been very happy with Ser Loras. Her dreamy knight who enjoys the company of other knights."

"Better than Joffrey, no?"

"Do not act like you were doing it to help her. And rather than worrying about Sansa, you should worry about your sister. I'm not sure why she keeps angering Cersei, but my sister, she's a tad murderous. I suggest Lady Margaery stops bothering her. Otherwise, not even my father will be able to save her. But if Cersei doesn't get to her, Joffrey might."

Stefan clenched his jaw, "Are you threatening us?"

"Not at all. It's just a reminder. Joffrey does not care about politics or about the good of the realm. He doesn't care about the benefits House Tyrell brings to the table. He only cares about what he wants. Lady Margaery is able to entertain him for now. I admit she is very talented. That is quite the achievement what she has managed with my nephew. But how long can that last? Joffrey bores very easily. Lady Margaery seems like a kind person, despite all the manipulation tactics, so I would hate to see what she could become in Joffrey's hands in the future."