CH 8: I KEPT MY PROMISE

Cold wind blew around her silver curls and nightgown as she stood inside a dark tunnel, her amethysts orbs trailing around, not able to see a thing in the darkness.

Rhaenys moved her body around in confusion, her bare feet feeling the freezing snow below them, but at the same time, she could not feel it. The fire in her veins keeping her warm.

Suddenly, a wooden gate opened before her and Rhaenys stepped forward into the light, only seeing more snow and a forest as far as the eye could see.

Feeling the looming structure behind her, the dragon turned around, a gasp escaping her lips as her eyes fell on the enormous wall of ice.

"The Wall...? Why...?"

She stepped backward, her eyes locked on the Wall in awe. Not able to believe that such a thing was created by humans centuries before her time.

Hearing a strange noise from within the forest, Rhaenys turned back with furrowed brows and walked in its direction cautiously.

Her frown became bigger as buildings began appearing around her the further she went in, the snow and trees completely gone now. Only streets and houses left.

Rhaenys kept going into the city, feeling as if she had seen these buildings before.

Then a huge crowd came in her sight, all of them cheering at what they were watching in front of them. Confusion filling her, the silver-haired woman looked up.

Her eyes first fell on the statue of Baelor in the center of the crowd, seeing a figure hiding behind its legs. Then they fell on the stage that everyone was looking at.

In there stood Cersei, Sansa, Joffrey, Michael, and all the Masters of the Small Council, and strangely enough, she could see herself standing beside them with Sandor Clegane behind her.

And right in front of them was Ned kneeling on the ground.

All the voices began to muffle and everything became silent, Rhaenys began staring around her as she could not hear a thing at all, as if all the sounds were completely gone.

Except for one.

A sound that made her look back at the stage and her orbs widen.

The single sound of the swing of a blade cutting through flesh.

"No!"

She sat up on her bed panting, her whole body sweating and her hands tightening around the covers. Her snowy curls fell over her shoulders, sticking to her sweaty face.

"Not again... Why do I keep having these dreams...?"

The door to Sansa's chambers was opened by a Lannister soldier, making the redhead stand up in surprise, only for her tully pools to widen as Rhaenys walked inside.

A sigh of relief came from the former princess as she saw the innocent wolf safe and sound after all these days without being able to see the girl at all.

Without saying a word, the soldier shut the door close and immediately both girls sprinted to each other and embraced tightly, tears falling down their eyes.

At that moment, they forgot the insecurities or anger they felt for the other after the events in the Kingsroad. They left everything behind and just basked in the moment.

Rhaenys stroked the girl's fiery locks, listening to her quiet sobs, "I'm so glad you're alright. So glad."

"I'm so sorry, Rhaenys. I'm so sorry."