Chapter 8: The Rules

Once the family got back to the cottage with their many bags, the godfathers set up Harry's room with a quick flick of their wands.

"Ok Harry, close your eyes." Remus told him once they finished the room. They had him leave the room so it would be a surprise.

Harry shook a bit in fear. The Dursleys used to tell him to do that, and then they'd punch him really hard so he wouldn't suspect it.

Remus noticed his hesitation and smiled. "Harry, we'll be holding your hands so you don't have to worry about bumping into things." He explained.

Harry nodded and let them take his hands. Harry slowly closed his eyes as they led him to his room.

"Ok Harry, open your eyes!" Sirius exclaimed happily. Harry did so and gasped.

The room had a larger bed with the sheets, blankets and pillows Harry picked out. There was a large bookcase against the wall filled with many books.

There was a pile of stuffed animals in the corner on the red rocking chair and a large, brightly-colored toy box.

Then was Harry's dresser filled with brand new clothes. There was also a large blue rug.

"Woah, t-thank you so much sirs, I love it!" Harry said with a big smile plastered on his face.

Sirius and Remus smiled back. So far, this was the happiest they'd seen Harry. Hopefully they'd see that happiness more often.

"Your very welcome Harry, you deserve all of it, and remember, you don't have to call us sir." Sirius replied calmly.

Harry blushed. He kept forgetting! "Sorry." He mumbled. He looked around the room at his bed and smiled.

He carefully touched it before climbing on it and lightly bouncing. He giggled, but immediately stopped.

Harry never had a real bed before, he usually just slept on the floor and he no normally only had his blood-stained blanket for warmth.

"Harry, you can jump on the bed if you want to, just be very careful so you don't get hurt." Remus told him with a smile.

Harry was shocked. They would really allow him to jump on the bed? One time, he jumped on Dudley's bed and got beat after.

"Really? Isn't that against the rules?" Harry asked timidly. They shook their heads. They didn't have many rules.

"No Harry, we only have a few small rules, and jumping on the bed is not one of them." Remus replied.

"Oh...what are the rules sir?" Harry asked a bit more confidently, but still nervously.

"Well, the first rule is no hitting, biting or kicking, but you should have no trouble following that one because you are one adorable little boy." Remus praised.

"The second one is no going outside without us, we don't want you wondering around alone because you might get lost." Sirius added.

"The last one is always give Sirius and Remus a big hug a day, and tell us you love us." Sirius joked with a laugh.

Harry gave a look of panic before quickly giving both of them a big hug and told them he loved them. He didn't want to break a rule!

"We're just kidding about that last rule Harry, but it would be a good one, huh?" Sirius laughed.

Harry giggled and agreed. Then he realized something. "W-What happens if I break them?" He asked fearfully.

"Well, you should have no problem following them because you are such a well-behaved boy, but if you do break them you'll only have a small punishment."