Chapter 6: Truth

"What did you need to ask?" Kyle looked up to meet Harley's and Jason's gaze.

"You know what, nevermind." Jason lets out a nervous laugh. Kyle and Katlyn share nervous glances towards one another.

"Anyways. What's up with you two?" Harley questions, trying to start a conversation between them.

~time skip~

Katlyn sat on the bump out ledge on her window to her pastel purple room. (A/N: I switched Kyle's and Kat's rooms around. So Kyle's room is now Kat's, and Kat's is now Kyle's. The rooms color stay the same though. It just went with the story more and you'll see why).

Her back was pressed up against the white frame. Her eyes were on her phone until she heard a clicking sound from outside her window.

She turns around and comes face to face with the light gray room Kyle occupied. She smiles while pushing firmly on the window to open it.

Kyle swung his legs over the framework on his window and sat on top. "I was thinking how long it would take for you to hear me."

Katlyn playfully rolled her eyes while leaning her head back against the window, leaning out into the cool autumn wind. "You wanted to tell me something. Because I wouldn't mind just staring at you."

Kyle froze still for a few seconds before Katlyn started to burst out laughing. "You should've seen your face."

"Ha ha. Very funny Kat." Katlyn wiped tears away from her eyes. "I did want to show you a place."

"I'll come." Kyle nodded as Katlyn swung her legs over the side of the window.

"Don't you want to go down through your door?" Kyle watched as Katlyn stood up, grabbing onto the top of the windowsill.

"Na, my parents aren't home so this seems easiest." Katlyn jumped from her window onto the branch closest to her window.

Katlyn extended her hand up towards Kyle. "What are you doing?"

"Do you want to get caught by your mother?" Kyle let out a sigh before swinging his legs off the edge.

He let his hands slip as he lost control. He felt a pair of hands intertwine with his. He looks up to see Katlyn pulling him up, laughing. "I thought you would be better at sneaking out."

"Not my finest moment." Kyle was now standing on the branch just below Katlyn, who was looking down, still slightly laughing.

The two both then made it down to the soft grass. The setting sun illuminating the soft trees.

"So where exactly are we going?" Katlyn looked towards Kyle. His dull eyes still managing to be lit up while the two were walking.

"Max and Cholé wanted to talk some. Then I want to show you a place I think you'll like." Kyle looked back at Katlyn. For the first time since they have known each other, Kyle smiled.

The rest of the walk was simple. Filled with laughter and pointless jokes. Soon the same market came into view, Max and Cholé break out of the conversation they were having, and greeted the two.

"Hey guys." Max showed a small wave, since there was no point in doing a big one.

"Hey, you wanted to talk?" Kyle sat down next to them, Katlyn close at his side.

"I saw them. The experiments. I saw the Black Coat Battalion. I found their base. I found my mom." Cholé was hushed. Her voice being caught in her throat.

"I feel so bad that you had to see that. I've seen my fair share of blood. As long as you are okay." Katlyn gave a sympathetic look towards Cholé, not seeming to get the true meaning, yet still held an appreciative smile.

"Thanks Katlyn." Cholé turned back towards the boys, both with worried yet comforting faces.

"So is that why we were all called here?" Max throws the pebble he used to be playing with, now landing a few feet away.

"Actually, I've also been meaning to get to know Kat more. Thought we could spend some time together. Still leaving time for Kyle's plan." Cholé threw a wink at Kyle, causing Max to burst out laughing.

"Am I the only one who doesn't know?" Katlyn looked around at the three, meeting Cholé and Max laughing and Kyle ready to kill someone or himself.

Max was the first to settle down. He shifts slightly on the wall they were sitting on, turning back to the Romanian. "So, tell us a little about yourself."

"I've told you all I can." Katlyn's face dropped from the once energetic face she held, to a concerned. "If I say anymore, I'll put you guys in jeopardy of life or death. Part of my family business."

The three others' faces filled with curiosity, yet turned back to Katlyn with looks of understanding.

"You don't have to say anything if you don't want to. We already know your personality, but is there a way we could get your number, Kat?" Cholé turned back to Katlyn, who gave a small nod in response.

~small timeskip~

"So, where are we heading?" Katlyn's hands were placed in her hoodie. Gentle gusts of wind pushing her hair into her face, which she simply flicked back with the rest.

"A place I come often, and a place I think you'll love." Kyle's heterochromatic eyes lock onto Katlyn's, causing him to smile.

"That's...helpful and not concerning at all." Kyle didn't try to hide his smirk forming with the help of Katlyn's sarcasm.

Soon enough, the cliff's edge the small town was built on comes into view. The simple sounds of the ocean's waves hitting the rocks at the bottom.

"This place is originally closed off due to issues I never had explained to me. I just come here when I need to escape my mom. I thought you'll be the kind of girl okay with runing from the cops." Katlyn's eyes lit up as she saw the forest clear, and the sunlight weaving through the trees.

"Oh trust me, with my job I've run from the cops many times." Kyle sits on the cliff's edge, patting the space next to him to sit.

"By the way, what is your job?" Kyle looked over at Katlyn, who held a face of worry.

"I didn't want to tell you, but I might have to. I'll text Max and Cholè later." Kyle placed a reassuring hand on Katlyn's shoulder, who she cupped it lightly. The gentle wind pushing the trees gives off a soft noise. "You see, I didn't leave Romania due to my father's job promotion. I left due to the fact I am wanted. I'm a hit man."

================================

What's up my dollies. Ragdoll here. I finally got this posted...after a month of it being done.

I'm also getting the hang of digital drawing. It was the app that was bad, although I'm still getting used to it. I'm getting better.

I'm actually drawing right now, and the lines are slightly shaky, even with the stabilizer tool...

Yay

I should start posting more now. Although I'm still...me...it's getting better.

Thanks again for being patient. Untill next time. Keep strange.