[5/10]

AMAZING

You clenched your fists, leaning forward onto the banister. Shinsō and yourself had been on the same team for the cavalry battle, and, despite your protests, he had controlled two other people and had them join your team. You apologized afterwards, forcing Shinsō to bow and say he was sorry. They left the competition nonetheless, which made you feel bad but, in the end, it was their decision.

Shinsō's battle was before yours, you were against someone from class 1-A, Kaminari Denki. You had heard of Shinsō's opponent, Midorima Izuku. He seemed really strong, but you believed that if Shinsō played his cards right, he could win.

You wished at this moment that you could cheer for him, but he knew you were still clapping your loudest. Your hands probably turning pink from the continuous motion.

He glanced at you as he walked up onto the field, "Good luck, Shinsō. Not that you need it."

He smirked, turning his attention to his opponent, "If you've got any kind of vision for your future, there's no sense in worrying about how you get there.—"

"NOW LET'S GET THIS THING STARTED!!"

"—Like that monkey, babbling about his stupid pride."

"READY?!"

"START!!!"

You smiled awkwardly, seeing the green haired boy yell at him. This should be quick, you thought, seeing the boy stop mid-run. You could see Shinsō tell him to walk out of bounds, and held your breath as his opponent neared the edge of the bounds.

The ground suddenly shook beneath you, small cracks in the cement on the field becoming visible in an instant. You gasped, seeing Midorima cover his mouth and turn around. Shinsō scowled, now yelling at the boy in an attempt to get him to respond again, but you knew it was no use. You could only hope for your friend to beat him in a physical battle, which he didn't particularly practice as much as the hero students probably did.

"Say something already!" Shinsō cried as he swung his fist at the boy's face, landing a hit.

The two boys pushed and shoved at each other for a few more seconds until Midoriya activated his quirk, throwing Shinsō to the ground. Your chest tightened, feeling defeat when you saw Shinsō's feet land out of bounds.

You held your hand to your mouth in a mixture of shock and sadness.

"MIDORIYA...MOVES ON TO THE SECOND ROUND!"

Shinsō walked slowly off the field, stopping at the loud conversations between the people in the audience. You and your class began clapping for your fellow classmate. You smiled as Shinsō received compliments from the others. You smiled widely when his eyes landed on you.

"You were amazing out there."

A/N: do you guys want the reader to win or lose her battle? I can't decide