101

-- 2 weeks later --
--- Dan's second week staying in student accomodation, in uni... away from phil ---

Dan's pov

I can't do this.

I can't fucking do this.

I glare angrily at the overwhelming pile of unfinshed work on my desk, hoping somehow the pen will magically float and do the work itself. Who was I kidding? I'm not cut out to be a lawyer.

I sigh and put my head in my hands, I need Phil, Its been only two weeks of me staying here and my mental health is the worst it's been in three years. Phonecalls and videos don't help as much when you've had the actual person infront of you for so long. I look at the clock, 3am. I couldn't even call him right now, he wouldn't be awake, I get my phone out and leave him a few texts anyway.

I throw my phone on my bed and wipe the tears on my face off with my sleeve, I stand up and decide to go for a shower

***

Once out of my shower and practically drowning in Phil's plant hoodie I sit down on my bed with a sigh, god I wish he was awake. I take another look over at my desk and take a seat. I can do this, deep breathing. I start to repeat some of the notes to myself

Law is a system of rules that are created and enforced through social or governmental institutions to regulate behavior. It has been defined both as "the Science of Justice" and "the Art of Justice".

Law is a system of rules that are created and enforced through social or govern- I can't fucking do this.
I throw my notes back down onto my desk and choke out a small sob.

Just at that I hear a knock at my dorm room door. I wipe the tears and walk towards the door, sniffing. I open it to see Phil, soaking wet with rain carrying a TESCO bag.

"Ph- what? What are you doing here?" I ask softly, sadness evident in my croaky voice,

"I saw your texts and I couldn't sleep knowing that my bear needs me." I feel more tears make their way out of my eye and I wrap Phil in a hug, crying quietly into his shoulder.

We walk inside and Phil takes off his jacket,
"d-do you want a hoodie?" I ask him and he nods, using a towel to dry his hair.

When dry he sits down with me,
"What's up?"

"I- I feel stupid. It's only been half a month and I can't fucking do this. This isn't what I want to do, There's so much work and I just can't do it" I say, choking on a sob. Phil wraps me up in his arms and pulls me into his lap. I lay my head on his chest and let myself sob.

"Shhh shh It's okay, I got you" Phil whispers quietly,

"What do I do Phil?" I ask, glancing up at him. He uses his thumb to wipe tears from under my eyes and on my cheeks and gives me a peck on the lips.

"Let's not worry about that right now okay? We can work that out tomorrow, Hey, look what I brought".

He reaches over carefully without moving me and brings the bag over,

He reaches in and gives me a mini haul,

"Okay first off, I bought you this bunch of red flowers with gold on them because they look all festive" He hands me the bunch of flowers and I smile. I unwind myself from him and stand up and get a vase to put them in quickly before laying back down beside him,
"I also brought la la land because I remember that that film calms you down and helps you sleep" I smile at how he remembers that from the first time at my house.

"and I brought malteasers and some other snacks because... well because I love you really" He says showing me inside the bag and putting the bag down.

He lays down next to me and I shuffle over into his chest, he cuddles me and I feel his hand trace patterns on my back.

"Phil?" I say quietly, my throat sore from crying,

"hmm?"

"I love you more"