Chapter Twenty Four

As I have around 2 more hours left in my relaxing period, I decided to update again! I will get to the other stories hopefully sometime this week. I seem to have less of a homework load this week, as my professor just uploaded the new assignments an hour ago. So here is my first double-update in a while, my lovely readers! I hope it helps your day today!

Chapter Twenty Four: The Most Disgusting Plan I Have Ever Been A Part Of

Point of View: Ebony

Ugh. 

I really do not want to do this. 

Okay, that is a half-lie. I want to do this because this is the best strategy we have, but I do not want to do this personally. This is a necessity, not a want. 

Lady Artemis left Circe's Paradise before I did to track down Heracles and release Atlas. Unfortunately, I won't know how that went until I earn my...

I can't even think it. 

All I have to do is convince Polybotes I was just afraid and then earn Gaea's trust. 

I have to succeed for Kronos and the others to work on the gods and their children. 

Dad and the rest of the wolves went out in search for the Pack, hopefully Lycaon will at least agree to hear us out. 

I am going to be sick. 

The knot in my stomach is growing, making me fully aware of the fact I am drawing nearer to the Giant that wants me the most. It makes me wonder if he is looking for me as well. If only this would not make me ill, I would be far more accepting of this responsibility. 

Where am I again? 

Damasen said something about the far reaches of Russia and that was as far as his connection to his mother went. 

I finally climb to the crest of the hill and in the near distance, I see a large opening in the mountainside. 

"Sea wolf!" 

Polybotes' voice projects across the valley and I see him standing in the mouth of that huge cavern. 

I swallow thickly and force down the disdain, moving my feet to carry me down the hill. I keep my eyes forward and zero in on his smug look. The moment I reach him, his poisonous touch is on my jaw. 

"Have you changed your mind?" Polybotes demands and I do my best to ignore the pain blooming from where his skin is in contact with my own. It travels a little ways down my neck and up above my chin. 

"Yes," I spit out and he lets go of me. Before I can say anything else, the ripping sound filling my ears registers as I watch him tear the sleeves of my shirt away. His hand grabs tightly onto my elbow and I wince at the feeling. 

"I'll punish you later, beauty. Right now, mother wants to see you," Polybotes promises. 

I am dragged further into the spacious cavern in the mountainside and feel a bit lost as we travel through twisting tunnels to reach a throne room. 

Only one throne? 

Gaea sits atop the ornate chair and grins once I come into sight with her son. "Ah, little wolf. You have grown and settled in your role. Where is your Bond?" 

"With Lady Artemis," I answer. 

"And where is the Goddess of the Moon?" she inquires. 

"Trying to recover from one of Zeus' harebrained ideas," I answer and am drawn into Polybotes' side, his arm slinking around my waist. The poison is almost unbearable and makes it hard to think and speak. 

Gaea laughs as she studies my predicament. "I imagine so. And my other children you raised and drew out of Tartarus' core, why aren't they here?" 

"The same reason," I respond and shiver as Polybotes' gaze never leaves me. 

"When will they come?" she presses. 

"I don't know," I groan, I want to throw up. 

Polybotes chuckles and holds me tighter, only worsening the feeling. 

"And what are you doing walking into my humble abode?" she demands. 

I feel so weak. 

"I am seeking forgiveness," I admit. 

"That's splendid, child. But you'll be under probation for now. As for Artemis and her band of male-haters, she'll have to come in person," Gaea allows. 

"Thank you," I express my gratitude and am turned to face my warden. 

"Be good, boy, and maybe you won't get worse than this," Polybotes warns and as I try to respond, his lips are on mine and I am crushed in his vile embrace. The poison seeps into my mouth and I cannot fight the action. The taste is unbearable. 

When he breaks the kiss, I cough violently and hold my throat. That was just awful and I really do not want that to happen again. But in all honesty, I would rather suffer that than anything more. I cannot stop from vehemently throwing up on the ground once the air returns to my body and I can feel Gaea's amusement as well as Polybotes' glee. 

"Your answer?" Polybotes prompts. 

"I understand," I choke out as I try to regain my senses. 

"Stand and come here?" Polybotes commands. 

I rise to my feet and turn to him, seeing he has moved to a different path than where we entered the room. I start walking immediately just so I do not have to go through that again so soon. I am brought back into my previous position and I hear Gaea cackle as I am led into the unknown. 

A short one, yes, but we will get there, my lovely readers! See ya later!