Chapter Twenty Two

Hello! Look! I am updating! Weeee! Apollo's Greatest Secret is next and so on and so forth until they are all finished and more stories are added! So, I recently downloaded this app called Imgur, pretty cool, and I saw this picture, loved it! So thank you, my lovely readers! I think you deserve a round of applause. I will be out today, but I thought I would give you this! Enjoy!

Chapter Twenty Two: Flattening Out the Wrinkles

Point of View: Ebony

"Okay, so how do I raise them?" I give in to Hestia's suggestion.

"Your hold over them would now have returned if not for the current situation. But with your old passion, it will be all that much easier for you to grip them from the brink and force them to rise once again. My father will be the most tedious, but I believe you are able to collect him together without tracking them all down at once." Hestia says.

"That would be an enormous risk with everyone out to get us." Artemis mutters.

"What are you thinking, milady?" Kendra wonders.

"Should we go to Gaea and have Ebony raise them for her? Surely she wants them on her side. Or should we raise the Titans and convince them first, then let them convince their mother?" Artemis brings up a very good point.

"Well, who is least likely to ask questions first and shoot later because shooting first and asking while being healed is not in our best interest." Thalia inputs.

"Kronos. Grandfather would wait. When Perseus gave Luke that blade, he felt like his world stopped for all of one second and then as if Kronos broke apart before Luke killed himself." I reply.

"You're positive?" Thale raises an eyebrow.

"Will you have enough left to raise the others after Kronos or should you pluck them from the depths first?" Aroen questions.

"Either way I am fine. It does not drain my strength or my soul, it just fatigues the mind and taxes my resting state for a small period of time." I answer.

"Then convince him." Hestia smiles jovially. "You can use the hearth, it is home to all." She dissolves into her gentle flames as the fireplace lights and is gone.

I nod to myself and go over to the hearth, kneeling in front of it.

"She wants us to summon them into the fireplace? Isn't it a bit...I don't know, tiny compared to the Titans?" Thalia joins me and inspects the site, keeping from getting burned.

"Relax, they won't appear in the flames, it'll just amplify my means of transporting them to this island." I reassure her.

"That's another thing, how are we getting off this island?" Phoebe inquires.

"We will worry about that later." Artemis waves the issue away.

"Father..." I whisper and Aroen comes over. "I do not know how to do this."

"Reach inside and call for them, they will answer." Aroen sets his hand on my shoulder.

"I am frightened to undo Perseus' work and threaten the world further. I do not want to be responsible for plunging the world into chaos. It would be a disaster and all my fault." I murmur.

Aroen chuckles and squeezes my shoulder. "Ebony, for as long as I am here, nothing that bad will happen to you again. Call for them."

I bob my head in assent and close my eyes as I place my hand into the hearth, protected by Hestia herself. Home will never hurt me. I inhale deeply and let it out as I focus on the boy's memories.

The coffin.

Luke.

Golden eyes.

'I know you loathe me, but if you can hear me, let me know.' I try to branch out in the silence around me, timeless like time itself.

I hear nothing and try to visualize a likeness of the Titan I want.

'I am not the same. Are you?' I call out, still there is nothing.

How would he hear me? He is scattered all over the planet.

The planet.

I imagine the raging seas, the calm and the exploding volcanoes, the mountain ranges. I bring to mind the sky where birds fly around and the forest where trees prosper.

'Kronos, grandfather, I need you, wherever you are, come back to the place where you call home.' I implore and feel this presence enter my mind, weakly, but it is there and that is all I need to know he is listening.

Inside, I open my mind's eye and do my best to imagine myself and immediately, this tiny little blue light is there, racing around like a lunatic. I catch onto it before it can flit away from my grasp. I open my palm and it just sits there, like it is looking at me. It creeps me out a little bit, but I smile at it, sensing confusion exuding out of it. I hear this little screeching, grating noise that sends my nerves vibrating and realize it is trying to speak, flashing images into my mind. Getting the point, I keep the person it shows me in my head and concentrate on the little light.

The next thing I know, a burst of light knocks me down before a hand is extended in front of my face.

I blink and peer up to find the very man the little light showed me smiling sadly down at me. I slowly take his hand and he pulls me to my feet.

'I see a lot has changed about you since I have been gone from the world, but I will not ask. I have no need or wish to.' He shakes his head. 'Why did you reform me, child?'

'I know it is a great insult to injury, but will you aid your children against your mother?' I do not dodge the matter, he will see right through me in an instant.

He smirks. 'That is all, is it?'

'Yes.' I answer simply.

'I doubt they will even accept my help, but yes, nonetheless I will help you.' Kronos tells me.

'Can I ask why?' I inquire, a decent bit suspicious.

'Because it was you who asked.' He responds. 'I may be a terrible person, but I am honor bound. At the end, we will discuss the results of my being alive.'

'Fair enough. Can you keep your brothers in line?' I say.

'Certainly, but I cannot help their personalities, mind you.' He disappears after I wave my hand over him.

One by one, I raise them all but Iapetus, wondering if I can even reach him where he is.

I picture the memories I have of the glorious Titan and call out his name, 'Iapetus! Iapetus!'

Should I even dare to hope?

Looking at the fond yet fearful memories of the kind Titan versus the one I first came into contact with, I cannot believe he is gone for his sacrifice to be wasted now. He deserves to be here, to come home. I took that away from him, I want to give it back.

The memories...

They aren't of Iapteus the Titan.

I see him fighting Tartarus for my sake and that of Annabeth's. Just like Damasen. Could I bring them both back?

'Bob! Damasen! Bo-' My body freezes and then flares up in heat before I am forced out of the center of my mind.

My eyes fly open and my hand is deflected by black energy as the temperature for the room sky rockets up after plummeting below, my hand being burned in the process.

I hiss and then someone takes my hand in theirs, making me turn my gaze to the owner of the hand to find an old friend.

"I didn't think I would ever see the colors of the world again. Did you tell the stars that I said hello?" The Titan in his silly, tattered janitor's get up is smiling brightly at me.

I feel evil, my lovely readers! See ya again soon!