Chapter Nineteen

Sorry, it would have been shorter, but I reread the last chapter to get more ideas and to makes sure I did not miss anything. Plus I have my phone beside me to double check. Anyway, here goes, my lovely readers. Feels good to be back!

Chapter Nineteen: The Plan

Point of View: Ebony

Phoebe and I rush into our camp and Thalia runs up to me looking out of her mind. 

"Ebony, Phoebe!" She grabs onto our hands. 

"What's wrong?" She would not touch me if she were not stressed to an extreme.

"Artemis left right after you to call a meeting on Olympus." Thalia explains, beginning to drag me toward where every huntress and wolf stand together. "She was going to do as you suggested, pull the Fates card. I lost all connection to her, I cannot feel her other than her blessing." 

"The Lieutenant Bond has only been suppressed, not severed, but it is still worrisome." My father speaks as we near. 

"We have been Leader and Lieutenant for a few years now, we can vaguely communicate at certain distances. But there's nothing. At all. The last thing I can come up with is Zeus and Hera glaring right at her. What if she is hurt?" Thalia tells me.

I growl. "Obviously she is up on Olympus."

"Olympus may be vain looking and under construction at present," Atalanta begins, shaking her head sadly. "But it is vast and from what Lady Artemis told us a couple months ago, Annabeth Chase is remodeling it into a maze of sorts with traps of all kinds for certain people. She can construct them for us if she knows we are coming. And they'll know we will come once she is away for a long enough time. That girl may be ignorant and naive, but she is not stupid. She is prepared for anything."

"We should approach it carefully." Phoebe is brooding now. 

"Lieutenant." I say sternly and Thalia's attention is on me immediately. "Is the Bond you share like an empathy link?"

"She told me it was similar in a few ways." Thalia murmurs as she looks thoughtful.

"Is it easier to communicate when you sleep?" I question.

She shakes her head. "Harder. It's a Bond, not a Link. Links are not as intricate, Bonds are more forefront than passive. Links have limit, Bonds don't. It'll only get easier with time."

"Time we don't have." Phoebe grunts.

"It may be rash, but we have to act now. Phoebe and I have the perfect alibi. No one is allowed to reveal my past life but me." I mutter.

"You are not seriously considering telling them what transpired?" Thale looks terrified. 

"No, I wouldn't endanger you unless necessary. It should be easy to get Artemis away from suspicion. I could cast it on those who deserve it, getting justice, and then...no, no. That would endanger Thalia and then the Hunt and indirectly us and Artemis all over again once Athena gets done. But if we incorporate it right and give them certain bits, it may work. Revealing is a last resort." I try to formulate a good enough plan.

"What are you suggesting?" Atalanta asks.

"Right. Thalia, Phoebe, Atalanta, Thale, and I will head for the throne room while the rest of the Hunt goes to Artemis' palace up on Olympus." I decide. 

"Why her palace?" Aroen looks befuddled.

"Think about it. Calypso, all those unjustly imprisoned, Zeus punishes by basically putting them under house arrest. And Artemis is his daughter, even though she disobeyed in his eyes. I bet you anything Apollo is her guard or maybe Hermes. We can easily draw them away with information. They'd be called to the throne room. It'd be an even easier way to get them to bring Lady Artemis right to us." I explain.