Chapter 1

Kyungsoo takes a deep breath as he opens his eyes. His eyesight is still blurred, but he nearly jumps out of his skin when he finds somebody standing in the corner of the room. He squeezes his eyes closed and pulls up his covers. After a few seconds of hearing silence, he gingerly opens his eyes to find nothing- the door still closed and the room left just as it was. His heart monitor beeps rapidly as he slowly calms down. A doctor enters with a kind smile to check on him.
"Good morning, Mr Do. How are you feeling today?" They ask, noting down the details of each monitor and how many more bags of saline and nutrients he will have to have. He remembers the woman now, she is the dietician.
"I'm alright, thank you." He croaks, throat still sore but he's willing to speak.
"That's good. I have to inform you that police are wanting a statement either tomorrow or the next day. We've tried telling them that you need rest, but they said that in order to put away the man who did this, they need a statement from you." Her eyes soften as she looks down at the fragile man.
"D-do I need to stand up in court?" His question is barely coherent, almost sounding like a few croaks but after a few seconds of processing the sentence, she gets it.
"Ah. Yes, but only when you are ready. I will warn you, he is going to be there. However, on a more pleasant note, your family and friends are here to visit!" She smiles widely, trying to make all of the negative things in both of their minds vanish. The younger bites his lip, frowning.
"Mrs Kyusan, please don't let them in." He begs, eyes beginning to get glassy.
"B-but why? They've waited nearly a year and eight months to see you. Please, please don't make them wait anymore." She pleads.
"I-I-I don't want them to see me like this." He whispers beneath his breath, tears spelling down his cheeks. "I want to see them, but what if-if they find me disgusting? What if after this, they want nothing to do with me?" His voice shakes as he explains, Mrs Kyusan slowly kneels down beside his bed, gently taking both of his hands in hers. The warmth that his skeletal fingers receive is nice since his BMI is so low, his body is finding it difficult to keep him warm. His bed has four blankets laid on top of it and the heating is up full blast, yet he is still freezing. His gown has been changed for a new set of warm pyjamas to make him more comfortable since he will have to stay for a while.

An hour later, Mrs Do knocks cautiously on the door, nurse Kyusan allowing them in.
"Kyungsoo, they're here! I will leave you guys to it." She leaves with a respectful bow of her head, the action being repeated by all three family members that step inside of the room. Kyungsoo turns the TV off and slowly turns to face them, his eyes growing wide as his mouth hangs slightly open. His family stand there and stare. Nothing happens for a good few moments until Kyungsoo's father steps on light feet towards the bed, his eyes wide and slightly unfocused.
"S-son?" He stutters, reading his son's information from the bottom of the bed before wrapping the tiny man in an embrace. To his own family, Kyungsoo is nearly unrecognisable; cheeks that were once plump are sunken in, his eyes that were large back then look massive now due to his weight loss, he has small patches of hair beginning to grow here and there, not to mention how ghastly his complexion looks. His mother gasps as his brother bursts into tears.
"W-what have they done to you? Oh my baby!" His mother rushes over, sobbing and engulfs both her husband and her youngest son in a hug. Seungsoo is the last to approach, mouth hanging open in complete and utter shock, eyes wide as he stares at the frail teen on the bed. Only, the person isn't a teenager- they are twenty-five. He checks the information at the foot of the bed, reading over the name multiple times before shaking his head. Somebody has stolen his brother's identity- his brother wasn't like a skeleton, his brother wasn't terrified of every noise and his brother certainly wasn't this...fragile. But those things are exactly what he's become. Seungsoo suddenly releases a loud bawl, dropping to his knees while he pounds his fists into the floor. The noises scare Kyungsoo, who jumps with eyes wide, small hands clutching the duvets as he curls into himself, his weak arms lifting his hands to cover his ears. His father instantly wraps gentle arms around his tiny son, his large hand cradling the much smaller's head. Kyungsoo's father has never been tall- if anything, he was only about an inch or so taller than his youngest son. However, due to his son weighing so little he looks like he is two feet taller instead of two inches.

The family spend the rest of the day and night together, rejoicing because their son and brother has been found, but mourning for the loss of what the small idol used to be. Every loud noise, every thud or click open of the door makes his heart palpitate, his breathing quicken, pupils dilate and body tremble. His family finally leave after the staff force them out of the room, allowing the young man to rest. His eyes close and he drifts off to sleep. However, his sleep isn't a peaceful one. He sees himself strapped to that chair, the leather straps digging excruciatingly into his torn up arms. Iljung keeps on having to poke new holes through the leather due to the kidnapped idol's dwindling weight. Kyungsoo remembers with every detail of the horrors he encountered, the torture and agony that he lived through day to day. He hoped that he would never have to share these experiences, but the next morning he will have to tell the police of his torment. He isn't ready to live through it again. Isn't ready to face his members. Isn't ready to face the rest of Korea who will be watching his entire trial. Life isn't fair, and Kyungsoo just doesn't know what to expect from all of the people who will be watching, listening. He can only hope that Iljung will go away for a long time. Can only hope that if the horrific man who wounded so many, will suffer himself for the rest of his life.

Hey guys! I apologise for the hiatus that I took. I've been really busy preparing for university, so I'm sorry for not telling you guys that I was going on a short break. I'm back, however, and I missed you all! I hope that you have enjoyed the first chapter of this sequel and that it was ok. I love you all! ❤️🍪

Date: Monday 17th of December 2018

Word Count: 1200