False Truths Part Six

"Another heartache, another failed romance." The Show Must Go On
Roger was sat, absently tapping his sticks against the drums when Brian walked in the room.
Brian was out of sorts too, it looked like, stressed, and running his hands through his wild hair.
"I just rang Y/N. She answered." He said, sitting in a chair across the room.
Roger felt his heart lurch then sink. She'd pickup the phone for Brian and not him?
"What'd She say?" His voice wasn't meant to be harsh, it just came out that way.
"She's... there's something off with her. There's somethin wrong."
Roger felt worry spread in his chest.
"How? Was she crying? Has something happened in England?" His voice was panicked and he didn't want it to be, god damn it - he was supposed to be pissed as hell at her.
"No, but she just said some stuff at the end. About how she missed being able to talk to me, and how she couldn't tell me now. I don't get it. She's always been able to talk to me about anything, I'm like her big brother."
Roger felt a jealousy he didn't want to feel. "Well she could always talk to me and look what happens. She chose not to and then disappeared."
"She knows you didn't cheat. She already knew." Brian said quietly.
"What? Then why hasn't she called?" Rogers voice almost cracked with pain, because he just didn't understand.
"She said she's figuring stuff out. I'm sorry mate, I tried to convince her."
"I just... I don't understand." Roger felt tears prick his eyes but he refused to let them fall.
"She'll figure it out. She always does."
"But what's it gonna mean for me?"
*************************************
The next morning, you had gotten up early, newspaper in hand, possible living locations circled in red biro. Your father wasn't joking about you being out by the end of the week, you knew that much.
You had savings in your bank, not a lot, but enough for a few months of rent. For... well, for small grotty apartments like the one you had just signed the lease for.
You weren't being snobby, even after you had spent the last year living in luxury, but this apartment wasn't great, nor was it in a crime free part of the city. But this was where you were, and you'd have to deal with that.
There was no furniture, and your footsteps tapped the wooden floor.
The only thing there was a telephone hung on the wall, which they'd promised they'd have connected soon.
You almost wished it was connected now, so you could just hear his voice.
And then you reminded yourself you were supposed to be over him. But you knew, that it would be years before you could be.