I try to control my rage, it won't do me any good to lash out now and get put back in that cage. "Where the hell is Dick? Is my mate really tolerating this?"

Lucian rolls his eyes. "Alpha Asher is upstairs, trying to control his wolf for locking you up." He must be close with the Alpha if he refers to him by his first name.

Serves him right.

"Enough conversation," I smile at them. "Time for me to escape and kill you both."

In a flash, I grab Blondie in a headlock, prepared to snap his neck at a moment's notice. The male is stiff with terror, his breathing getting heavier and heavier. Lucian takes a step towards me and I twist the wolf's head even more.

"One more step and he's dead," I warn the gamma. He stops moving, but his brown eyes darken and I know it must take everything he has to hold in his wolf.

Wrapping my right arm tightly around the man's neck, I unwind my left arm from him and discretely toss the razor blade that I've been gripping tightly in my hand. As expected, the small piece of metal makes a loud clatter against the floor and Lucian's head whips around to look for the source of the noise.

While he's distracted, I snap the man's neck anyway and drop his dead body onto the concrete floor.

I shift into my charcoal grey wolf. Leaving my shredded clothes behind, I run up the stairs and dash through the hallways of the pack house, creating chaos as pups yelp and parents grab them out of the way.

Another man jumps in front of me and I slash through his throat, then continue running. Red clouds my vision as I tear through anyone who tries to block my way and everything becomes a blur until I make it outside.

I hear a large roar from the mansion behind me and start running even faster. The Alpha must be furious. My wolf tries to get me to stop, not understanding why I'm running away from our mate, but I ignore her.

If there's anything valuable my mother has taught me, it's that I can't rely on anyone except myself. Feelings make you weak, and I can't afford any hesitation when I'm carrying out my revenge.

I've almost made it to the border of the forest when I'm tackled by a large black wolf with blazing golden eyes. The Alpha.

He pins me down, belly up, and growls angrily at me. He tries to exert his alpha dominance over me to force me to submit, but I'm a rogue; I don't follow his rules.

I glare back into his golden eyes until he gets off of me reluctantly and drags some clothes in front of me. The message is obvious, shift or I'll make you.

I shift and yank a shirt over my head as my mate pulls on a pair of pants. When I look down, I notice I'm wearing his shirt. It comes almost to my knees and it smells heavenly.

When I glance up, I notice him staring at me with darkened green eyes. "Wear these," he says gruffly, tossing a pair of sweatpants at me, averting his gaze from my partially naked body.

"I think I'm fine like this," I reply, smirking when he stiffens. I start moving backwards towards the large, gnarled oak tree behind me, feeling my way along the rough bark. The Alpha seems to take this as an invitation to stalk towards me, and I try my best to contain a smug grin.

When my back hits the tree, I let out a gasp at how close he is to me. He leans forward until his minty breath fans over me, and I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to block out his intoxicating pine scent.

"Little mate..." Asher whispers huskily, his finger tracing my lips.

This was not the fucking plan.