Nifer

My eye flickered awake as I sat up straight in my hospital bed. I looked around the hospital room. In the bed to my left was Owen, he was hooked up to a few machines and breathed slowly. As I turned back I realized that I wasn't in the school's medical office since there tech was way outdated. The rooms wall were baby blue and the floor and ceiling were white. As I sat there I noticed the girl with orange hair sitting on a plastic chair in the corner. After a few seconds I realized I was staring. When I decided to go back to sleep I heard a lazy yawn as The girl woke up.

"Oh good, your awake. How you feel"she inquired . Her tone was one that showed a lot of compassion yet some agitation.

"I'm good...thanks by the way for helping me out."I said blushing. Wait!! Shut up brain I'm not blushing.

"It's nothing people like us gotta stuck together. I'm Nifer."She said offering me her hand. I hesitantly took it whilst reviewing her words. Like us? what does she mean. Well were both outcasts, that's probably it. It kept the supstion in the back of my mind though.

"How's Owen fairing?"I asked as I stared at my friend.

"He's getting better but that beating did a number on him, much more than you."Nifer said sitting on the end of the bed. As we stared and watched Owen the doors swung open and a nurse stepped through. She informed me that I was free to go and that all my wounds had healed. Owen on the others didn't fare so well. He had a broken rib, a bleeding nose,bruises all over his body and a broken arm. The news hit me hard. Owen had been my best friend since second grade and now he's on life support because of me.

For the next month after school everyday, no matter the weather. Me and Nifer would come see Owen and watch him.

"Hey, He's gonna be ok Andrew"Nifer said as she interlocked our hands. I stopped my crying as I wiped my tears.

"Ya your right Nifer, thanks for being here."I said as I sat there.

"It's ok Andrew, Owen gonna be fine" As the words escaped Nifer's mouth Owen gasped for air as he took off his air mask.

"Oh my god your awake!!!"I said pulling Owen into an embrace behind me I heard Nifer yell he's awake. The next few weeks passed by quickly and then the winter break came. I spent the whole time inside watching YouTube and skyping my friends

A/N bad ending I know. Some action in the next chapter Bye Cad