And If...You listen to me ?

Start from the beginning

"Good night." He hesitated at first, but placed a soft kiss on my forehead. For some reason, it did warm my heart and I almost begged him to stay.

Almost.

***

"Mommy, mommy, wake up ! Please, please, please, wake up ! I need you right now, this is an emergency. Mommy ! " I heard as little hands were shaking me.

I groaned, removing my wild hair out of my face. I slowly opened my eyes, feeling as if I didn't sleep at all. I wiped my face, then noticed RJ on top of me, still in his pajama and he looked very worried.

I slightly frowned, "good morning, baby. What's going on ? " I asked, sitting up as he got off me.

"You need to come downstairs." He jumped off my bed and motioned for me to follow, "we need to hurry."

"Why ? What's wrong ? " I felt like hundreds of little men were hitting inside my head with hammers. I really needed to take an aspirin so it could go away. In addition my injured hand was itching under the bandage and it was really uncomfortable.

I made a mental note to check and see if I would need stitches. Before he could even answer me, I rushed to the bathroom and took an aspirin. I gave myself a minute, then gave him back my attention, noticing that he actually followed me in my bathroom.

"Are you okay, mommy ? "

"Yes, just a little headache. So, what's wrong ? "

He gasped, "auntie Tam is in the kitchen, and she's trying to cook." He told me, waiting for my reaction.

I immediately began panicking as I ran downstairs, with RJ trailing behind me. Tamicka couldn't cook to save her life. She was trying to learn, but for some odd reason she just could do nothing right in the kitchen. The girl was so dangerous, she couldn't even boil water properly. Now, explain this to me. How can you burn water ?

She just wasn't born to cook, as crazy as it may sound.

"Tamicka Virginya Kash, get out of my kitchen ! Right now ! " I screamed, making her jump and drop the plate she had in her hands. It was one of my favorite and I felt like crying. I had to go through war to find this dining set.

"Damn, T ! Look what you made me do ! "

"OUT ! " I yelled out, pointing the door.

"Bu--but I was making breakfast for y'all." I looked around and seemed like she hadn't started yet, so what was she talking about ?

"This is the last time I'm saying this, get out."

She pouted, "let me clean this mess at least."

"No, I'll take care of this. Go help RJ to get ready for the day." None of them argued with me and did as I said.

I groaned, "what time is it ? " I asked myself. I checked the clock on the oven and read eleven-thirty. I thought it was earlier than that. I cleaned the mess, then started on the breakfast. Almost an hour later, everything was cleaned and ready for us to eat. Tamicka and RJ walked in right on time, so I didn't have to call them.

"Hm ! Thank you so much for saving the day, mommy." RJ said as we sat down, making me chuckle.

"Wow ! RJ, I thought you and I were best friends."

"Sorry auntie, but you can't cook. Nice try though." We joined our hands, bowed our heads and I blessed the food.

"T, I'm really sorry for your plate. I'll buy you another one. Hell, I'll buy you a whole new set." She broke the comfortable silence that set in the room.