[014]wedding day

"I promise faithfulness and patience, respect and lightheartedness,  attentiveness and self-improvement. I will celebrate your triumphs, and  love you all the more for your failures." 

wedding day

Anastasija slept surprisingly well and woke up before her alarm clock. She was nervous but managed to get some food in her stomach before she had to get ready.

Eugenie had turned on the TV, and every network was talking about her impending nuptials to Harry, showing the crowds of people gathered in London and all over the country to watch the event – it warmed her heart to see so many people accepting her and loving her.

There was a betting on who was the designer of her wedding dress but everyone would lose that bet because Anastasija made her own wedding dress.

The Queen had announced the dukedom that she had bestowed onto Harry.

"The Duke of Sussex." I said as I searched it up on Wikipedia. I looked at the screen reading the information.

"Read it out loud." Eugenie said.

"The Duke of Sussex is a substantive title, one of several royal dukedoms, that has been created twice in the Peerage of the United Kingdom. It takes its name from the county of Sussex in England. The dukedom was first conferred on 24 November 1801 upon Prince Augustus Frederick, the sixth son of King George III. He was made Baron Arklow and Earl of Inverness at the same time, also in the Peerage of the United Kingdom. The title became extinct upon Prince Augustus Frederick's death in 1843. Although he was survived by a son and daughter by Lady Augusta Murray, their marriage had been annulled for lack of royal permission under the Royal Marriages Act 1772, rendering the children illegitimate under English law and unable to inherit titles from their father. Both children by the annulled marriage died childless, rendering the issue of their inheritance moot. In 2019, the title was recreated and granted to Prince Harry to mark the occasion of his wedding to Princess Ashi Anastasija Gemma Wangchuck. Prince Harry was granted the subsidiary titles Earl of Dumbarton in Scotland and Baron Kilkeel in Northern Ireland at the same time." I read out loud.

"So, you're the first ever Duchess of Sussex." Eugenie said.

"I guess so." I said.

Hair and makeup didn’t take long, as she wanted something simple and elegant – her cheeks flushed and her hair tied in a low updo – accompanied by a veil of Bhutanese lace, gracing her head, held by my new tiara of 100 carats of diamonds set in silver.

Standing in front of the mirror, looking at herself, Anastasija couldn’t believe the sight in front of her eyes.

"Oh my Goodness! Ana, you look beautiful." Eugenie exclaimed as she walked.

I turned to look at her and smiled.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Yes, come on let's get you downstairs." She answered moving behind me to grab my train and veil.

"I'm getting married!" I exclaimed.

When someone's happiness is your happiness, that is love.

wedding day

Anastasija held on to her brother's arm and waved with her other hand to the crowds gathered all around the Church.

They cheered so loud and Anastasija smiled widely at them while Eugenie was fixing the train of her wedding gown behind her. Once Eugenie was done, it was time to walk into the church.

"Are you ready?" Her brother asked.

Anastasija took a shaky breath, "Yeah, I am. Just…don't let me fall or freeze up."

"Never." Her brother replied, tightening his hold on her arm just in case.

The wedding march began and His Majesty and Anastasija began their walk up the aisle.

How many guests had they invited anyway?

Breathe, Anastasija! Breathe…Focus on Harry.

She continued to take small steps, her brother matching her pace and Eugenie following behind.

They took a final turn and finally they were able to see the altar.

She saw William. Yes, her soon-to-be-brother-in-law standing right next to her soon-to-be-husband. She saw Kate, who smiled at her and she winked at Kate.

As soon as Anastasija caught sight of Harry, everything else seemed to disappear.

He was standing there waiting patiently for her to come to him, with the biggest smile ever on his face. Anastasija calmed down immediately. Harry was there; her. Harry was waiting for her. She had to hold back the sudden urge to start racing up the aisle towards him.

He looked so handsome in his official military suit complete with medals of Honor.

It's definitely true what they say about a man in a uniform, she decided.

As King of Bhutan walks Anastasija down the aisle, Harry’s jaw drops as he stares out towards his soon to be wife. His heart was beating faster and faster, she was stunning. His eyes could not, would not leave her gaze. He watched as Anastasija's long brunette curled hair billowed in the breeze; her bright, beautiful smile warming his heart. His Majesty squeezes her arm gently before bowing to her, "It's been an honour growing up with you, Anastasija, and no matter what you will always be my sister, my princess." He said.

"I love you too." She said.

Anastasija smiles at her big brother then drops into a deep cursty going as low as she can to show respect to her older brother. She gets back up and
walks up the steps of the altar as gracefully as she can and takes her place beside Harry. "You look beautiful." Harry says. Anastasija laughs as she takes his hand in hers, "You look handsome!" He grins as he squeezes her hand, He raises an eyebrow as she winks at him.

"Are you now both ready?" The Archbishop asks them both. Nodding he begins the ceremony.

The Archbishop indicated that the guests could sit down and he began the ceremony. Everything after that was a blur to Anastasija; all she could focus on was the feel of Harry's hand as it touched hers.

She almost missed the most pivotal question of the entire ceremony.

Archbishop to Prince Harry: Henry Charles Albert David, wilt thou have this woman to thy wedded wife, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?

He answers: I will.

Archbishop to Anastasija: Anastasija Gemma Wangchuck, wilt thou have this man to thy wedded husband, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honour and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?

She answers: I will.