✧chapter 1✧ autumn.

»»————- "don't cry Pony, it'll be okay

»»————- "don't cry Pony, it'll be okay.. don't cry.." ————-««

The breeze of autumn stung my lips and ears, the chilly gust resounding towards my direction as I exited the movie theatre. Glory was it cold. I just finished watching the new Paul Newman movie, and boy do I dig him. Not in a queer way, 'cuz that ain't tuff. I dig him in a way different way, like how Two-Bit digs Mickey Mouse. Well, kind of, in that sort of way I guess. It's been quite a bit since I've been to the movies.

Usually, I would be with Dally or Johnny. Both of them are my greatest pals. But I haven't heard of them both since they got out of the hospital. I'm hopin' that Johnny's dad ain't sluggin' him again. Johnny's been through a lot, and he doesn't deserve any of the treatment he gets while he's at home. I really miss Johnny. It's been several weeks and I still haven't heard from him. He hasn't been in school either, and neither have I seen him in his house.

To be honest, I don't hear yellin' and beatin' from the Cade house no more. It's not like they moved out, I've seen Johnny's mother going out and about from that house. I still have them night terrors of Johnny being crushed by the roof during the fire. I really miss him, from his black puppy eyes, the way he embraced and comforted me in the church.. Playing football with 'im.. Watching drag races with 'im and all.. If I could wish one thing in the world right now, I would definitely wish for one day to spend with Johnny.

Boy, did I want a cigarette. I remembered that Darry and Soda were expecting me at home. I don't need to rush, nor carry a switchblade while I'm out there no more. The Socs should know their place damn well when we slugged them 'n beat them to a pulp during the rumble. Besides, they ran away from us like some cowards.

I sighed, as the fury of autumn roared against my bare skin in between the rips of my jeans and jean jacket. I could feel the goosebumps making its way up my thighs. I decided that if I stayed out here much longer, I wouldn't be able to feel my fingers. So I took the chance and sprinted home. The chilly breeze brushing my ears as I ran. I shifted my gaze towards my house. The lights were on, and the sound of cheering and yelling filled my ears. I ambled towards the door, slowing down my sprinting pace. As much as Darry loved Sodapop, he'd never let 'im host a party at the house. I slowly opened the door, making hoping that Darry nor Soda would notice. As soon as I opened the door, I couldn't believe my eyes.

»»————- ✼ ————-««

boy oh boy, im so sorry for the short first chapter aa,, this is my first time using wattpad, and im still trying to figure things out

ee i hope yall enjoyed this chapter, i will come out with a new chapter soon,, make sure to check out my profile descriptions for schedules on when the next chapters come out

i luv you all <33 thanks for reading!!