He gave me a concerned look. "Well, I know we don't really know each other very well, but you can come stay at my house. I can offer you your own room, instead of a couch." He said, a guilty chuckle escaping his throat. 

My eyes widened in shock. "Wait, what? You would seriously offer me a place to stay?" I murmured. "Mic, I can't. That's very generous of you, but I can't take your offer. I would feel horrible." I said, shaking my head. "Thank you though. Really." I said, giving him a genuine smile. 

His face fell for a second while I was speaking, but he put his smile right back where it was. I swear his eyes lit up when I smiled at him. "Of course. Well, my offer still stands. If you change your mind, let me know." He said, turning his attention to his coat pocket. He pulled out a phone. MY phone. 

I patted my pockets, "Hey, where did you-" I started, he cut me off. 

"You dropped it when you pulled your staff out the first time. I put my phone number in there for you. I figured you would want it, after getting all handsy." He said, joking. 

My face flushed as I snatched my phone away from him. "I was saving your ass." I said. 

He smirked and looked back at his papers. "Oh, so it's my butt your after." He joked. 

"God damn you." I said, putting my phone away and crossing  my arms again. 

"He already has." He laughed. 

I snorted and shook my head. "Whatever. Just hurry up so I can go home. Well, what's left of home..." I said, trailing off. 

He glanced up at me as I situated myself to lean back in my chair again. I quietly hummed to myself as I waited for him to finish his paperwork, not humming any particular tune. I periodically raised my hearing, listening for anything out of the ordinary, even though we already dealt with a situation today. 

My phone buzzed in my pocket and the Kim Possible tone rang out. My face flushed with embarrassment as I fished my phone out of my pocket. "Sorry, I didn't know my ringer was on." I said, looking at the text I had from Ashley. 

"I know. I turned it on." He said. I shot him a dirty glare as I read the text. 

'Hey, I'm in your apartment. I got more boxes, so I can start packing until you get back. I think I got enough to fit everything else in them. Well, besides your bed, you'll have to figure that one out.' It read. 

"What's the sitch?" He asked, joking about my text tone. 

"It's Ashley. She brought me more boxes." I mumbled back and responded to her text.

'Okay, not sure when I'll be home. Should be soon.' I replied. I turned my ringer off and put my phone away.

"Ah." He responded. 

I sighed and reached over, grabbing one of his pens and half of his papers. I started to grad them as he did his. 

"Hey, you don't even have an answer key." He said, looking up at me. I gave him a bored look. 

"I lived in the United States for most of my life. I think I know English." I said, looking back at the papers. 

He sighed and rolled his eyes, continuing to grade papers. I flew through papers, knowing that my answers were right. I grabbed half of what was left, but he slapped a hand over the papers I was grabbing. His emerald eyes peeked at me over the rim of his glasses. holding eye contact with me for a moment before looking back down. 

"I've got it. I'm almost done." He said, finishing the paper he was on. 

I returned his pen and sat back, putting my hands up in a surrender. "Alright, fine, Mr. Teacher-Man." I said, laughing. 

He laughed and shook his head, continuing his work. 

*****

Mic finally finished and we left the building. I locked the doors and we walked to our vehicles together, chatting about nonsense and him making jokes about me touching him today. I looked around, but didn't see any other vehicles. 

"Mic, where did you park? I don't see a car other than mine." I said, looking about still. 

He pointed at my car. "On the other side of you." He said. I raised an eyebrow as we approached my car. 

I looked on the other side and saw a Harley-Davidson motorcycle sitting in the space next to mine. My jaw dropped as I looked at the beautiful red bike. It had a shine that caused the evening sun to reflect just right. From what I could tell, it was a 1970 FLH model, custom and upgraded.

"Mic, this is gorgeous!" I said, doing a walk around of the bike.

He laughed. "Yeah? It's a 1970 Harley-" 

"FLH model, custom, upgraded to the times, 1200cc, and gorgeously street legal." I finished, admiring the bike. I didn't realize I had cut him off.

"Yeah... Wow, you know your stuff, huh?" He said, shifting his weight. 

I looked up at him sheepishly. "Sorry, I got a little excited..." I said, rubbing the nape of my neck.