17 - Fright

"Let me see it again...." You watch from what seems to be the old house once again. You had dreamt about the Dark Lord once before, but now to have a second dream? And in the same house as well?

Peter Pettigrew, who had escaped your judgement last year, sits in front of what appears to be a tall chair. He pulls up his sleeve, revealing a tattoo. It is a skull outline with a snake pouring from it's jaw. You see a miniscule arm, one that doesnt even look human with its frail, clinging to the bone skin, reaching out and brushing against Pettigrews tattoo.

"Ah, yes...the time is close now. (Y/N)!"

Oh shit. How does he know you are here?! This is a dream!

"At last! Such a pity your adoptive brother isnt here with us. Wormtail, step aside so I can give our guest a proper greeting!"

Peter moves from his stance in front of the chair, and you see....Voldemort? You aren't very sure. Its a frail figure, looking like that of a malnourished gray child. Its skin is practically none existant, appearing like its starved itself. You cant see its face, only its arms and part of its legs, because it is covered by a large ebony cloak. What happened to the young, once handsome Tom Riddle?

You scream.

Then you wake up.

You sit up straught in your four poster bed, the (f/c) drapes parted so you can see your dimly lit room. Your black comforter is clutched in your arms, and your sweat is cold against your (s/c) face. You wish you could just fall back onto your silver satin pillows, but you cant. You stay wide awake, your eyes constantly shifting around the dark room. Eventually, you take out your dragon fang wand, the moonshine hilt frigid as your body as you shake in fear. You light the candles that sit in the chandelier above your bed, then grab the salmon blanket Draco had gifted you a year or two ago and wrap it comfortingly around you.

*Time Skip*

"(Y/N)." Harry groans, walking at your side. You glare at the stone floor of Hogwarts, listening to him as he speaks. "You told me you figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now!"

"Really? I hadn't the slightest clue." You say, sarcastic as always. "I'm sure Viktor has it figured out already."

"I don't know. Hermione said they havent talked. Apparently, he's just a 'physical' being." You laugh as your brother makes air quotes. "He pretty much just watches her study. Ive caught them a few times.....reading."

"Oh my! How scandelous of them!" You say, putting a dramatic hand to your chest. You both laugh loudly, and he speaks once again.

"These tasks are supposed to test
you, in the most brutal way they're almost cruel. And um, I'm scared for you. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve, I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time." You frown, knowing he's right. You go to say more, but your arm recieves a sudden tug.

"Hey, Black." Cedric says, looking down at you.

"Oh. Hi Ced." You say, smiling politely. You didnt really expect the sudden visit and are rather flustered.

"So...how are you?" He asks, clearly hinting at something. You raise an eyebrow, answering.

"Spectacular? Cedric, what's wrong?"

"Look I realise I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons." You shake your head, brushing your (h/c) braid over your shoulder.

"Dont worry about it. I'm sure you wouldve done the same thing for me." Cedric beams, shaking his red head vigorously.

"Exactly. You know the prefects bathroom on the fifth floor?"