[8] Chapter eight

"Your majesty! I am so sorry to tell you that, I should not be going." 

No! Not so careless and rude! Lets try once again. 

I bowed, "In the honor of your majesty, can I ask you a favor?"

Carol, is the thing you are going to ask him to stay here and declining to go? That would be the worst way to ask him.

Lets try once again!

"Uh.., I am so sorry to say that I couldn't come with you to Kingdom Elisora." I took my gown and curtsied. 

Yes! That would work maybe. I feel  pity for Sofia, who got a beautiful dress for me. Her all struggles will go waste! 

But wait...

Don't you think that the king would ask why I don't wanna accompany them?

"You cannot do it." I muttered. I raised my eyebrows, pointing my finger at her. I mean at me, that is in the reflection of the mirror. 

Not again Carol! Can you tell to the King that you are declining his order by pointing fingers at him? Won't he get angry! 

Of course he will! 

You must obey him, but! I don't wanna go! What will I do there? Sitting there alone on a couch or dance with someone? You are getting the punishment without any reason! You didn't do anything, then why? So pity of you! So pity! So injustice! You have to fight for your right Carol! You can't live the life in obeying the orders. At the lunch, you are gonna tell him that you have not any interest to go in that ball! And that's all!

Knock! Knock!

"Yes?" The knock on the door of my room brought me back to the present and annihilated my all thoughts.

"The king and Queen are waiting for your arrival at lunch, my princess!"

"I will be there." I nodded at myself in the mirror and smiled. 

That's the time! That's your last destiny! 

"Uh.., okay." I headed towards the door while carrying my gown which I worn in the morning. If I didn't decline, I will have to get dressed after the lunch and get ready before the departure to Elisora Kingdom. 

And I don't want to do that.

I knocked the door and stepped back. The door opened and I reached in the corridors. There are so many corridors, it's hard to get through them if you get lost. But I know the ways, cause I have spent my summer vacations here! I know every secret passage of this kingdom.

I passed through the doors of the corridor, it's too long corridor! When it's gonna end? I sighed and stood by the wall resting my back on it. My eyes closed for a while.

You have to do it! Stand tall and face it! Today, you have to do it! I muttered and opened my eyes.

I picked my gown up and walked continuously. Am I walking through the same corridors all the way? Where is the royal hall's door? When I am going to reach there and tell the king that I, princess Caroline decline that.

Passing through infinite numbers of door, I saw two doors. These both were huge, wooden and beautiful. I am sure, that this would be the way to my destiny.  

I knocked the second door and stepped backward, the door opened and two maids were standing on the sides of the door. It was the huge hall with walls golden, opened windows, red curtains, golden shining chandeliers, floor covered with red carpet and so long table for about 50 persons, I guess.