Single

Chloe's P.O.V

  We woke up in the morning and i went to check on the engine but saw it had been taken apart. "No! No! No!" I said running over. "What happened?" Chase said coming out of his room. "Someone has damaged the engine! Again!" I said. "Jace was it you again?" Veronica asked coming down stairs, already dressed in normal clothes. "No, i have no reason." Jace said. "Veronica, can you use a lie dectecting power to see who took apart the engine?" I asked. "Okay." Veronica said. "Ask if they like any one or if they destroyed the engine." I told her.

  "Do you like anyone more than a friend?" Veronica asked Chase. "No." Chase said. "He is telling the truth." Veronica said. "You dont need to ask Jace." I said. "Then who do i question?" Veronica asked. "Morning." Cameron said coming in through the front door. "How did you get in?" I asked. "I know that there is a spare key near the porch." Cameron said. "Did you damage the engine?" Veronica asked. "No." John said. After that John didnt have to be questioned. "What about Cameron?" Jace asked. "We trust him, he doesn't have to be tested." Veronica said.

  "Test yourself." I told Veronica. "Do i like someone?" She said.
"Im not really sure. Maybe." Veronica said. Her power was getting confused andVeronica passed out from a power over load. "Is she okay?" Cameron asked. "She is okay, but her powers were over loaded because she was getting mixed feelings." Chase said. "We were going to go on a da- never mind." Cameron said the sat down on a couch and stayed quiet. "What's up with him?" I asked. "He's been like that ever since the dance." John said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Came home earlier than me. And when I asked him if he wanted to order pizza me said no, and he really likes pizza. And I noticed that he had lip gloss on his lips." John said. "Lip gloss? Who else went home early from the dance?" I said trying to put the evidence together.

  We came home and Veronica was just sitting on the couch smiling. At the end of the dance we didn't see Cameron or Veronica. And Veronica put some lip gloss on on our way to the dance. And the way Cameron paused in mid sentence. "I figured it out." I said. "What?" John asked. I made sure every one was in the kitchen eating breakfast. "Cameron had lip gloss on his lips because he kissed Veronica." I whispered to Jace.
"Cameron is dating Veronica? That means that she might want to stay on Earth."  Jace said. "What happened?" We turned around and saw that Veronica woke up.

  "Nothing really, you just had a power over load." I told Veronica. "Okay, did Cameron stop by?" Veronica asked. " Im right here." Cameron said coming over to the chair Veronica was at. "Do you want to go now?" Veronica asked Cameron. "Sure." Cameron said then they left. "What is up with them?" Chase asked. "Who knows. It could be nothing." Jace said. "Hey Jace, do you want to go to the rock climbing wall at the park?" John asked Jace. "Yeah." Jace said then they left. "I've got to go, I'm meeting up with Reyna at the park. We are playing basket ball." Chase said then left the house.

  I sat down at the couch and I was all alone. Why can't I be like all of them? I wish someone would like me, even if it was a human. Maybe this is the way it was ment to be, I end up lonely and all my friends are happy. I was going to head up to my room and work on the engine but I heard a knock. I opened the door. "Morning Chloe." Sunny said. "Morning." I said. "Why do you sound so sad?" Sunny asked me. "Its nothing." I said. "Is there anything that you want to do?" Sunny asked. "Could you help me repair the engine?" I asked her. "Why not." Sunny shrugged.

  We worked on the engine for about half an hour. "Wanna take a break?" Sunny asked. "Yeah." I said. We sat out on the beach while eating ice cream. "Every one has somebody. Cameron and Veronica, John and Jace, Chase and Reyna are probably a thing. Why am I single?" I said. "Maybe you haven't met the right person." Sunny told me. "Maybe my true love is on-" I was saying. "Earth." Sunny suggested. "I was going to say my home planet." I told her. "Oh right, I forgot that you want to go home." Sunny said.

  "Its not that I want to, I have to." I said. "What does that mean?" Sunny asked. "My mother and father ruled my planet so that ment I was next in line to rule. But they died in battle when I was twelve. Being underage ment that I couldn't rule. The royalty was passed on to my mom's sister, she is bad at ruling. She fears to much, she is making us lose battles, and she has a son that is my age. If i don't get back to home planet on my birth day, the planet goes to him." I said. "Wow, so you need to go home." Sunny said. "I always thought, hey at least I got my friends by my side. I guess not any more." I said. Sunny put her hand on mine. "Im sure you will be an amazing ruler." She said. I put my head on her shoulder. Then I remembered what every one on my planet looks down on.

  I tried to get up but I slipped on the wet porch that we were on. "Chase needs to use a towel after swimming." I muttered. I saw the sliding door open. "Sorry, were we interrupting you two?" Chase asked smirking. The rest of our friends were with him, and Reyna. I realized that I was on Sunny. "No, what are you all doing here?" I asked. "We were going to make smores." Veronica said.

  We made some smores then went to our houses. I took a shower then went to sleep.